Ched Evans court trial.

After reading a lot of comments on this thread I would like to state that I myself have many times had sex with ladies who were drunk and also when I have been drunk myself, probably more times than I can remember to be honest......NEVER do I consider any of these events to be rape by me or the ladies in question,,,,.All I am trying to say in this post to certain people who have posted is drunken sex is not always rape otherwie we would need a breathaliser for our partners.

I am in no way saying Ched Evans is not guilty, I am just putting an honest angle to some peoples comments about having sex with a drunk woman or man.

Edited by spoton

The law on consent is pretty tough and I'm not totally surprised by the conviction (remember Mike Tyson).

The sentence concerns me: Ched Evans gets 5 years for what he did, but those who kidnapped a 15yo and 16yo girl, tortured and raped them for an entire weekend get only 8-11 years.

Type/nature of activity: Rape accompanied by any one of the following: abduction or detention; offender aware that he is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection; more than one offender acting together; abuse of trust; offence motivated by prejudice (race, religion, sexual orientation, physical disability); sustained attack

5 years custody if the victim is 16 or over

Sentencing ranges: 4 - 8 years custody

What constructive can you add to someone who has been "FOUND GUILTY OF RAPE"

So don't realy care what you think :loopy:

That's OK like I said your posts have no construction or point, thanks for agreeing with me...

Asked by Mr Morgan if he had forced her to do anything, the Mr McDonald replied: "No".

'We could have had any girl we wanted in that nightclub'

Whether they wanted 'having' or not it seems. :(

Asked by Mr Morgan if he had forced her to do anything, the Mr McDonald replied: "No".

'We could have had any girl we wanted in that nightclub'

Whether they wanted 'having' or not it seems. :(

i thought mcdonald got found not guilty :hihi:

so what do we learn from this?

dont ever have sex with anyone who has had a drink for fear of being accused of something?

take out a breathalyser with you?

its a very grey area and to convict someone on the basis that she cant remember if she consented by a unanimous decision is a strange one in my opinion

Perhaps we learn that in similar situations a vulnerable young woman may need someone to look out for her and act in her best interests rather than seeing her purely as a receptacle for their semen. I wonder, did they use condoms?

Cut the argumentative posting out. It's not big, it's not clever, and it's against forum rules so will earn you a suspension if you continue after a warning.

It's perfectly possible to disagree with an opinion without insulting the person posting it. Think before you post next time please.

Cut the argumentative posting out. It's not big, it's not clever, and it's against forum rules so will earn you a suspension if you continue after a warning.

It's perfectly possible to disagree with an opinion without insulting the person posting it. Think before you post next time please.

Just close it ?? enough's been said already had it's day !!!!!!!!!!!

I agree too.

Re-open it if the charade goes to appeal.

Agree totally & goodnight from me ;)

780 replies

Edited by owl.66

After review, we're leaving this closed.

Should anyone feel it should be re-opened, please voice your concerns at the help desk.