Ched Evans court trial.

Best post across all forums which ive read in this whole horrible time......

For what its worth which is jack all, this is my view...

How many times do you sit down with the person your about to have sex with and say 'now love, are you sure your ok with me having sex with you' and waiting until she utters thw word 'yes please screw me'.

Under current law, even if you do exactly that, if she doesn't remember doing it the morning after you have still committed rape.

Some pathetic posts on here from both sides, we all have wifes, girlfriends , daughters and mums, he has been proven guily, and unless that is over turned he deserves all he has coming.

This is not a football issue, its way beyond that.

So some would like to hold it against United,Unitedites !! well how about viewing the Welsh nation or all footballes in general?.

The truth is there are bad eggs in all walks of life.

Undoubtedly the first thoughts should always be with the victim and anyone who would use this as stick to beat unitedites is doing a disservice to the victim.

We had something of this at West Brom when we were promoted in 2003/2004 and Lee Hughes chipped in with 12 goals while waiting for prosecution. It leaves a sour taste in the mouth as a fan. You are disgraced by what these people have done. What suffering they have caused and the arrogance that surrounds them. You loathe the association with your club. But overwhelmingly football fans are usually decent, hard working people and from all walks of life and what they dislike most is the hurt these people have caused to someone.

Without getting into the debate about Evans' contract Hughes had his contract (with 2 years remaining and at a transfer cost of 2.5 million) terminated the same afternoon as his prosecution.

I don't know all the in's and out's but i watched a fairly long news article about it earlier and they suggested the girl may have consented to sex with McDonald, then at a later point Evans enters the room and has sex with her without even asking. Maybe at this point she was only semi conscious due to the alcohol?

Either way. Evans is where he should be and his career is over. What a stupid prat.

That sums it up as accurately and as simply as anything else I've read.

how many women do you know who willingly go back to a man's hotel room with him and are not expecting to have sex?

[/i])

No woman I know would take visiting a hotel room as giving consent to having sex. The reason your views are so disgusting is because they are travelling along a road that says a woman who visits a hotel room with a man can't complain if she's raped.

Sad day, if the girl wasn't in a fit state to give consent I can't understand why one person who had sex with her was convicted and the other not.

Unless the girl in her evidence said she was happy for McDonald but then when Evans came to the room her judgement had cleared somewhat.

I imagine the point Angel is trying to make, is that someone going willingly into a man's hotel bedroom must be anticipating - and presumably desiring - that he's going to have sex with her.

His point was that she was responsible. That she willingly went into an hotel room, and thus sex is the only conclusion to that. Firstly, it is wrong in that she says she didn't agree to go to the room, and on the opposite side of that, if she did agree - so what? That doesn't conclude that any rape that does take place is her fault.

Let's assume that she did agree to go back to the room, and was too drunk [...] to give valid consent. Do you believe, in that scenario, that she was "agreeing" to go back but not expecting sex to take place?

I could only speculate on what the girl expected. I have no knowledge of what is in her head, as have you, or anyone else.

The Jury gave a verdict of 12-0 surely that will damage his appeal.

With them coming back so quickly I thought it would be majority verdict but I dont think that would damage an appeal as its based on new evidence hun.

MacDonald and Evans say that she agreed to Evans having sex; she doesn't say anything because she can't remember. Nobody else was present to give any other account.

She has to be in a position to know she is agreeing to sex. If they argue she did, but she argues she was too drunk too, then the law is on her side. That is something the defendants must know - was she capable of consenting when Evans joined in. Obviously the jury think not.

My bold.

Can you provide proof of this, or is it your own conjecture?

Do you have any common sense? Serious question.

Sufc have made a statement regarding the matter, quoted thus:

“The Club recognises the seriousness of these events and as such wishes to respond in a responsible way when it has taken sufficient time to consider the matter fully”

At the moment, that is all they will be allowed to say. In due time, when all the legal matters are resolved regarding evans' contract, they will issue a further statement.

Once agiain in the real world (you know the one which people dont earn tens of thousands a week) you get the sack, Immediately.

I know this is true, Ive worked in HR, I dont need common sense for that its called experience.

No woman I know would take visiting a hotel room as giving consent to having sex. The reason your views are so disgusting is because they are travelling along a road that says a woman who visits a hotel room with a man can't complain if she's raped.

They're not my views.

She has to be in a position to know she is agreeing to sex. If they argue she did, but she argues she was too drunk too, then the law is on her side.

Then, again, MacDonald must also be guilty. It cannot be just one out of two, since she has consistently argued she was too drunk even to agree to going back to the hotel to begin with.

Sad day, if the girl wasn't in a fit state to give consent I can't understand why one person who had sex with her was convicted and the other not.

Unless the girl in her evidence said she was happy for McDonald but then when Evans came to the room her judgement had cleared somewhat.

Here is what the CPS have to say on it from the stars site.

"It is a myth that being vulnerable through alcohol consumption means that a victim is somehow responsible for being raped. The law is clear: being vulnerable through drink or drugs does not imply consent.”