The Flaming Grill, Beighton (formerly the Belfry)

The Belfry has never been one of the "best pubs in Sheffield" and never will be, its a souless estate pub totally lacking in atmosphere, I cant remember having one decent night in there..............oh hang on, there was one ;)

Just think Shogun, if both you (and Greenall's) had taken the time to do a little customer research then you could all have made good on your boast that it "was one of the best pubs in Sheffield"

All it really needed was just a little bit more effort on everybody's part! :D

Just think Shogun, if both you (and Greenall's) had taken the time to do a little customer research then you could all have made good on your boast that it "was one of the best pubs in Sheffield"

All it really needed was just a little bit more effort on everybody's part! :D

Well you can never please some people can you, Greenalls had it down as one of their most profitable pubs for years.

Sunday nights there early 90`s were the best night out.

We had to do things in those days like raffles discos bingo always doing something to bring the punters in,Greenalls gave us a generous amount of money for entertainment,we had a rope fastened to the beam in the lounge and we would have bets to see who could climb up it all good fun that they just don't seem to do anymore in pubs and that was not all that long ago.

It was one of the most expensive pubs built by Greenalls at the time 1989 time, the bricks were from the slum clearance houses in Manchester it cost them loads of money at the time, we applied for it at the time a couple called John and Cath Hanley got the first landlord ship of the place we got it a few years later it was taking about 16k a week then we had about 15 staff the place was heaving most nights 3 and 4 deep at the bar it was Greenalls flagship pub for years.

Hi-

I am writing a book about Sheffield pubs and I wondered if you had any pictures/ memories you could share with me of The Belfry or other pubs? Please pm or email sheffieldpubs@outlook.com for more info.

Jamie

I find the Belfry to be very expensive. We live round the corner from there but find the drinks too expensive to spend a full evening in there! We were charged £5.05 the last time we went in for a small house wine with a dash of lemonade!! The service however is excellent.

Having moved from handsworth to sothall four years ago , we welcomed the belfry refit / re brand , as this will be our new local ! We find the food tasty , the staff very friendly (some cant do enough for you ) and the guinness tastes like guinness ! The prices are reasonable , no better or worse than any other estate pub and the atmosphere welcoming :thumbsup: keep it up belfry !

Just glad that the pubs not closed down and turned into something completely different.

I can honestly say we have never had bad food in the pub, we live not far away and use it regularly. The staff are sometimes over stretched when its busy but no problems in general. Manager always happy to greet you. :-)

My hubby and me went about a year ago.

We were told where to sit, at a table behind a pole in a dark area. I needed a miners helmet to see the food.

Food was okay but staff were rude and we felt rushed.

We went yesterday, staff where polite and helpfull, food very good portions and quality. No complaints at all.