Fitted Wardrobe Recommendation?

Evenin' all,

I'm currently looking to unashamedly piggy-back on any experiences and recommendations anyone has of working with either companies or individuals who provide the full service for fitted wardrobes, preferably the cool ones with glazed sliding doors (either minimalist or shaker design - not overly fussed) and bespoke interiors.

I have booked a design appointment with Betta Living and I considering doing said same with Sliderobes and Sharps. However, these companies are obviously all geared towards doing the "sell" once inside your home, they don't allow you to see the proper prices when you're using their snazzy Configurator tools on the Internet... that would be self-defeating, as they'll be expensive.

I have also been to B&Q, who offer a good selection these days, and actually can arrange the installation as well. I have yet to pore over their brochure.

I'm interested in quality and reliability, but - obviously - also value for money. I would be pleased to hear from anyone who has engaged someone for this kind of installation. I'm not afraid of doing my own research (and I have started it already) but a genuine recommendation is worth its weight in gold.

P.S. - looked at some previous threads on the same kind of topic, but they were from a while ago, so hope asking this again isn't a problem. I am now looking at http://www.nankivells.com/sliding-wardrobes from a previous thread response.

I would recommend joinerandy who posts on here, he's a brill joiner and you couldn't get better workmanship, i'm sure he'd be able to do your wardrobes to your exact requirements without the hyped-up prices that the big companies charge. His no.is 07747026254.

P.S. - looked at some previous threads on the same kind of topic, but they were from a while ago, so hope asking this again isn't a problem. I am now looking at http://www.nankivells.com/sliding-wardrobes from a previous thread response.

We used floortoceiling they have a showroom just near devonshire green in the city centre. They were good and the price competitive. We had 4 sliding doors and a mixure of hanging space, drawers and shelves. They are panels with white glass and mirrors and they have been fitted well. We have been really pleased with them and have had them for nearly a year now.

I have also know a friend who used nankivells and they were very happy too. ( I think they might be an ex employee of floortoceiling but take that as rumour)

Sharps are very well made but the price is just not competitive, they were asking for 3.5K more than what we eventually paid and that was in an apparent 50% sale :hihi: I think they maybe go for the top end of the market or people that have money to burn.

We went with a company as I just wanted the peace of mind, however next time I would get in touch with a fitter and have the panels made to order via one of the internet companies now I know how it all works ;)

The worst part if having to have the sales people around to measure up and waffle on at you. The Sharps one was halarious and eventually gave up when I just asked him not to pretend about the 50% off. By the time I got to floortoceilings bloke I just told them straight at the beginning I was not interested in sales patter and just tell me what I needed to know which thankfully he did. They WILL be there for a hour if you let them! Sliderobes were just plain rude.

Good Luck :)

Edited by Evei

If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth.If wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error JS Mill

Thanks. I am in the city centre, so I'll take a wander over to Fitzwilliam Street to take a look at Floor to Ceiling. I have a really straightforward space, with level floor, walls and ceiling - will be dead simple. Still interested in any other recommendations.

I would recommend joinerandy who posts on here, he's a brill joiner and you couldn't get better workmanship, i'm sure he'd be able to do your wardrobes to your exact requirements without the hyped-up prices that the big companies charge. His no.is 07747026254.

I have also had some work done from Andy after finding him on here and can highly recommend him.

Thanks to all. I have Betta Living visiting tonight and will see what, if anything, comes from that. Obviously I asked for personal recommendations, and I have plenty of those, worryingly not for Betta Living or Sharps or Sliderobes... which had been the ones I'd been looking at to now. :(