Hillsborough Corner who did the artistic protest on the railings?

The poems good but Parkhill is the Labour councils favoured area not Dore and Totley.

Is that why it's been over half empty for 4 or 5 years? What exactly do they do there, on their own?

How does this person know that the people of Dore/Ecclesall/Totley get the repairs they want, without so much of a wait? This person is hardly doing themself a favour by spouting unfounded nonsense.

Unfortunately the class wars are still alive and well in sheffield and have heard these generalisations that people that live in wealthier areas get everything they want from the council.An urban myth i think but there is a lot of class hatred in sheffield going back generations.

Sadly since the demise of the Hillsborough Forum, it certainly does seem as if things aren't getting seen to as quickly any more. Having seen the 'protest' on the railings, it seems to me that whoever did it was trying to make people aware of the fact that this matter should have been seen to a long time ago and is unacceptable by anyone's standards. Yes, the elections are coming up and you would think that local councillors/prospective councillors would be falling over themselves to get stuff done in their area. I think it's a fun way of highlighting a serious issue and would love to see more of the same!!

Hoorah. Thank you Councillor Curran and well done mystery poem writer :)

Well I never so it does show that a well timed protest in a different way does get things done - well done that person :) I wonder where the mystery activist will strike next time...

Oh yes and I agree with the comment about how things have started to slip since the demise of Hillsborough Forum :S

Agent Orange..where is your sense of fun and silliness. :D

Maybe it's his age and he is turning into Old Mister Grumpalot :P

Maybe it's his age and he is turning into Old Mister Grumpalot :P

Yes, I lost my sense of humour when I left Hillsborough :)

Edited by Agent Orange

Here's a good piece of news. Sorry if it duplicates postcode gazette :

Local Labour Councillor Ben Curran has arranged for the damaged railings on Hillsborough corner to be repaired.

The railings were initially damaged when a car crashed into them but have been left unrepaired for some time.

The issue has was originally highlighted by an unknown local resident who decorated the temporary barrier with ribbons and a please fix me sign.

“I’m pleased that the barriers are due to be fixed over the weekend of the 21st and 22nd April,” said Labour Councillor Ben Curran.

"I would like to thank the local resident that decorated the temporary banner to highlight the issue. It was creative and got people to talk about issues in the local community.”

Edited by RosyRat
Checking duplicate posting

Thank you to the person(s) who put the poem up. It's great to see that people care about our local area.

Well let's see if Cllr Curren is good for his word.....the barrier has been stripped of all trace of prettiness added.....mmmmm......let's see if the work IS done over the weekend as stated. I hope this Cllr isn't just paying lip service :suspect:

That must have just happened this afternoon as I walked past at half four and all the ribbons were there.....

That must have just happened this afternoon as I walked past at half four and all the ribbons were there.....

All gone now :S I do hope that the work is done :D