4x4 use on houndkirk by way (fox house)

hi does anyone know if it is ok to take a 4x4 on the houndkirk road (by way) just up from fox house, i have been told by a few people that u can but i wanted to make sure u can before i take my kids for a drive up there:)

yes it is ok to use provided you got good ground clearance I know soeone who goes over there annually

thanks mate, iv just seen a video on youtube of a rover metro doind the trail lol so i should be ok in my ford maverick 4x4, plus it has been re surfaced last year

Stick to the official right of way and you'll be fine, but note that police have seized vehicles of those who created and used the trial circuit on the open Moorland (enough signs up there now to warn you).

and i think the police should do, as there is enough to explore on the trail without having to go off on to the moorland

drove on here when i was in oz..awesome

drove on here when i was in oz..awesome

300km of driving on corrugated iron...

Don't drive alone, always best to have at least one other 4x4, and has been already said, please stick to the track, don't head off onto the moors. There are gates at each end which will need to be closed when you have gone through. Enjoy it!

300km of driving on corrugated iron...

oh yes..!!!!!

Don't drive alone, always best to have at least one other 4x4, and has been already said, please stick to the track, don't head off onto the moors. There are gates at each end which will need to be closed when you have gone through. Enjoy it!

An American Werewolf in London.

I went on the houndkirk trail today in my 4x4 and it was great, its a nice steady trail with nothing to scary (apart from the large puddle that ended up coming up over the bonnet) does anyone else know of any other legal 4x4 trails in Sheffield