Report due on child squalor case - bbc.co.uk

Originally posted by alysonpeach

When your baby is born the midwife will visit you regularly at home for a month, then the health visitor.

When my health visitor came to see me (baby's 10 months old now) she didn't look all around my house, just stayed in the living room but she did ask and made a brief list of things i had bought for the baby (not sure if this was because i was a teenage mum living on my own.)

The midwife is supposed to come daily for 2 weeks once the baby is born, mine didn't bother, think they came 3 times in a week and then didn't bother (was let down a lot by them when my baby had colic and i didn't know what it was.) I ended up transferring myself across to the health visitor and i visited her in clinic, so in total i got seen at home 5 times:- 1st time to be signed on to the midwife, 2nd time to meet the health visitor and then the 3 times i got saw at home.

Don't expect too much of them is all i'm saying!

Originally posted by saxon51

The 'mother' should get exactly what the 'father' gets. They're BOTH in this together and share equal blame.

There should be no extenuating circumstances, no 'let's hear the facts first'...the photos and the state of the poor kids are the facts...and we've all seen them.

Step one.....sterilisation NOW.

Step two.....Locked up in prison with very basic services untill the youngest of the two is 65.

Step three......Worked 12 hours a day whilst inside in some task that generates income, and this income used for the future good of these kids.

Step four.........As and when serious psycological disorders materialise amongst these poor kids (resulting from the bad treatment) another two years is added to their sentences for each disorder.

Step five.......Bury the pair of them in a landfill site.

Sorry if this makes me sound like an animal, but 5 little kids treat like rats for Christ's sake.:rant:

Well if your an animal, so am i, i agree 110% with you but unfortunately this is not going to happen. There's too many do-gooders out there who claim that these 'parents' have mental problems, how can anybody with these so called mental problems keep one room in their house clean for them but the rest filthy, i'm sorry it doesn't make sense.

I remember this in the news the first time and how someone made the lame excuse for the mothers actions saying that she's being pregnant since she was 15, well bo who, she should've just kept her legs shut or gone to get contraception, i just don't get why certain people see the other side of sick peoples actions.

The kids are the victims here, the parents should be hung for what they did.

I agree with Plain Talker, mandotory sterilsation for anyone who could do this to children.

If it had been an animal they had treated in that way then they would have been ban from keeping another animal.

My health visitor was crap.

She came once when she found out I was having treatment for cancer. Promised to come back in a month and I never saw her again! So the service is often rubbish.

It's not rocket science working out which people look like they might need more help than others is it?

Originally posted by TwoFour

What good would locking them up for life do? These are damaged people who need support. They must serve their time and then try to rebuild lives. If they don't get support what will they do next? This is so far outside normal behaviour that they probably have personality disorders or are ill.

Don't want to start an argument but are you ABSOLUTELY INSANE????

Why do they deserve help and support?

What about those innocent children that are going to have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

They should be starved to the point of death and made to live in there own sh**, and locked in a room 24 hours a day, but no doubt the PC BRIGADE would have something to say about their human rights.

Locking up people like them for life would simply stop them from doing anything like that ever again.

Its the kids who need help and support not those selfish TRAMPS!!!

I hope they get what THEY deserve in prison!!!:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Like others i believe that many people are to blame for the terrible and tragic way that these children where let down by our "caring" society, someone somewhere must have had a pretty good idea what was happening.

I would just like to run this by you all... my son was 17 and his girlfriend 18 when their son was born, they were all alone in their new council house, the baby was premature and i can honestly say that he never ever stopped crying for the first year, i am an experienced mum of 2 i do not honestly think i could have coped half as well as they did.............but....this young couple had no back up from social services, and after the first few weeks no health visitor came to see them, the childs health and development checks were not done, this is how abuse is allowed to happen, this is the shame of our city the lack of good health and support services in our community.

I hasten to add the child is happy and healthy so loved and well cared for ..this could so easily have not been the case.:rant:

lock the pair of them up in a cell full of dog s*** with no clean cloths and fresh food ............... and let the prison inmates give them a visit every day ........... not give them 7 years in Butlins the sick b*****s :gag:

We get similar problems in Australia, where social services have "failed" to detect a problem. Often, it's due to the political need to keep taxes down, and therefore to shortage of funding and staff cuts (these never apply to the flight and hotel costs of senior government ministers, of course!), leading to overworking, burnout and early retirement of the people delivering the service.

Upper management believes in "efficiency", and cannot accept that the job can't be done within the funding they are willing to supply.

I often used the example that 100 tons of sand needs 10 trips of a ten-ton truck to deliver it; with the best enthusiasm, efficiency, motivation and commitment, you can't do it in 5 trips!

The answer is: fund the services; tell the politicians to fly Ryanair, and eat at Macca's if necessary.

jfish QLD

Originally posted by saxon51

There should be no extenuating circumstances, no 'let's hear the facts first'...

Let's hope you are never on a jury. Wouldn't want the facts to get in the way eh?

Originally posted by diamond54

Don't want to start an argument but are you ABSOLUTELY INSANE????

Why do they deserve help and support?

Who said deserve? That word implies a judgement on these people. We can judge actions but we have no right to judge people as people.

BTW no, I am not insane.

Originally posted by tinkabel

There's too many do-gooders out there who claim that these 'parents' have mental problems, how can anybody with these so called mental problems keep one room in their house clean for them but the rest filthy, i'm sorry it doesn't make sense.

Neither does this post.

Originally posted by jfish1936

We get similar problems in Australia, where social services have "failed" to detect a problem. Often, it's due to the political need to keep taxes down, and therefore to shortage of funding and staff cuts (these never apply to the flight and hotel costs of senior government ministers, of course!), leading to overworking, burnout and early retirement of the people delivering the service.

Upper management believes in "efficiency", and cannot accept that the job can't be done within the funding they are willing to supply.

I often used the example that 100 tons of sand needs 10 trips of a ten-ton truck to deliver it; with the best enthusiasm, efficiency, motivation and commitment, you can't do it in 5 trips!

The answer is: fund the services; tell the politicians to fly Ryanair, and eat at Macca's if necessary.

jfish QLD

Absolutely. Services are under funded and under resourced. Until there is a hell of a lot more money coming in, kids will continue to slip through the net.

Must say though, the people in those services work extremely hard under very difficult circumstances.

Chicken Monkey x