Does anyone have any memories of THE MEXICANS band and members/gigs?

Hi there,

I am trying to find out if anyone has any memories of the band called 'THE MEXICANS' and if you went to any of there gigs/who they supported/band members names etc.

I am told they once played at/near the Silver Blades and supported THE HOLLIES.

Do you know where I might find some information out about the band and its members?

Are any band members on SF-would love to hear your stories of the time with/supporting the band.

Many thanks

mumsy xx

Hi I am Peter Fairclough and saw your post on the SF as searching for info re the band etc. I was one of the menbers and the other guys were Dave Hardwick who unfortunately passed away a few months ago). The other guys were Brian Wight and Dave Borwick. Plse email me for further info which I am more than happy to elaborate on. Many thanks.

My email is peter@fairmetal.com.au

Hi. My partner is Dave Hardwicks ex. He was the singer with The Mexicans and as Pete says passed away a few months ago. Think she would like to hear of anyone who saw them performing in the 60s

Thankyou, I will email you,

mx

Was Dave Hardwick quite a small guy and did the Mexicans hail from the Crosspool area as I seem to remember seeing them.

Hi

I grew up virtually next door to Dave and have many memories of Dave and the Mexicans although being a bit younger I was not allowed to do the 'roadie' bit. Dreb28 is your partners name Jan?

Hi Krispi.

Yes it is. I'm sure she'd like to know who you are.

Unfortunately I don't think you can PM me cos you've not made enough posts yet.

Hi Dreb48

Do please ask Jan if she remembers Chris & Margaret Parkin from the Stirrings Restaurant

carlton-lodge.com

Hi Chris

Obviously Janet knows you well and will be in touch

I remember The Mexicans playing in Dronfield Woodhouse at Gosforth School and at the Miners Welfare Club. Lead singer was pretty good at Hollie’s numbers and I remember them singing Poison Ivy which most bands sang around that time. They seemed pretty good to me, at that time (maybe 1963-5) we regularly saw Vance Arnold and the Avengers (Joe Cocker) and Dave Berry and the Cruisers.

Hi I’m Dreb48’s partner. I was married to the lead singer of the Mexicans! Glad to hear you liked them. Think he would have liked to continue but they all wanted careers