David Cameron moves the Tory party to the left

Mmm you make a good point there banes babes ,but to be honest I would rather have some principles than go along with anything inorder to get elected.

In fact I think voters would admire a party who sticks to their guns on core views,just look at maggie thatcher who stayed true to her beleifs and won 3 elections.

As to Cameron we still await to see any more fundamental shifts in his thinking and what effects these will have on grass roots tory voters?

I think you need to keep your core vote secure and he might lose some in the long term,we will see.

Mod note:

KenH, Preacher Man, mr_clumpit, please take Joes advice here. By all means be constructive and have a lively debate but lay off the direct abuse.

Please don't make yourselves a problem.

Originally posted by Tony

Mod note:

KenH, Preacher Man, mr_clumpit, please take Joes advice here. By all means be constructive and have a lively debate but lay off the direct abuse.

Please don't make yourselves a problem.

Can you please point to some abuse so we can have an example?

Originally posted by royjames

LOL I have been banned more times than I care to remember thank you very much.

Now stay on topic.

Thats great and i am sure it was justified. But there are several (at least) times where you managed to get away with some of your worst rhetoric.

While i think SF mods do a good job with something that is a very difficult balance to strick, i think people (myself included) are conserned, with a lack of consistancy in some instances.

If somebody can get banned for posting too many conspirancy theories or posting too many "anti-american" or thread that are deemed to critical of America.. which are all very subjective,you must be carefull not to let personal biases of the Moderators play a roll.

For instance your assertion that Multiculturalism is dead, or that our genes are German are as conspiratorial as anything posted here (even the satellites are controlling our thoughts thread). Also people who do not beleive we are ansestors of monkeys are also conspiracy theorists.

Saying all your kind are trying to kill us and when we get in to power you are all going home, to me is not just a banning offence (which it wasn't) it should be down right offensive to everybody on the forum, in my view. So you either apply the rules consistantly or you don't, and if you don't then i beleive it is fair to question that.

I hate to have to go off topic here but I feel sure if I was the one making the problems these have I would not get warning after warning and would simply be banned.:confused:

Now I think I will try to look for some early opinion polls to see the effect of Cameron moving to the left.:thumbsup:

Oh and this is not a critism of Joe P who has shown admirable patience.

Originally posted by royjames

Mmm you make a good point there banes babes ,but to be honest I would rather have some principles than go along with anything inorder to get elected.

In fact I think voters would admire a party who sticks to their guns on core views,just look at maggie thatcher who stayed true to her beleifs and won 3 elections.

But the Tories have stuck to their guns for the last three elections and lost. Even at the last election where they had the opportunity to really capitalise on widespread disenchantment with Labour (or perhaps more accurately Blair) they didn't present an attractive alternative to the average person on the street.

Originally posted by royjames As to Cameron we still await to see any more fundamental shifts in his thinking and what effects these will have on grass roots tory voters?

I think you need to keep your core vote secure and he might lose some in the long term,we will see. [/b]

Generally though if someone is feeling disenchanted by changes in their party they do not turn to much more extreme parties. They either stick with the old party because there's no alternative, find another mainstream party that is more in line with their personal belief (for instance I was an ardent Labour supporter a number of years ago, but now find the Lib Dems more in tune with my views), or just not vote at all. However, I wouldn't predict the Tories losing grass roots support just yet - Cameron had a huge amount of support from the grass roots during the leadership election.

By the way - Mabes, not Babes ;)

lol sorry about that Mabes,mm we will have to wait and see what the longterm effects he will have on the party.

I find it strange that some of our Tory people have not commented on our little debate,I do hope they come and tell us what they think about this?

I feel though that we are seeing a realignment of British politics and it will make for interesting times to come.;)

So the question is will Conservative voters switch from Cameron's Conservatives to the Fascist BNP led my Nick Griffin.

No, because the BNP are vile hypocrites who cannot be trusted, for example Nick Griffin demonises Islam yet went begging to Cornel Gadaffi (A Muslim and a rather radical one) for funding.

The BNP in Sheffield claim to be anti-immigrant but they have used immigrants from Poland to help deliver leaflets in the city (although the immigrant was white so they said it was a good immigrant.)

Each month seems to bring a new story about prominent BNP members being convicted of serious crimes, can we really expect law abiding Conservatives to align themselves to party full of so many violent thugs?

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156582&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156408&contentPK=13693525&folderPk=87028

In reality the only people who join or get involved with the BNP are people who are motivated by racism, whether they express that racism openly on other forums and then suppress people revealing it, or they are so proud to be racist they boast about it at every opportunity:

"As everyone on here knows I AM a BNP SUPPORTER and find nothing wrong with racism"

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?postid=526296#post526296

If the mods are not happy with users assessing whether or not the BNP are a credible alternative to the Conservative party then they should stop people posting such questions not those answering them.

Disco_cat - the issue about whether the BNP is a suitable party to pass votes to is, again, nothing to do with one member's personal life.

And this thread is still open to allow the debate about the Tory leadership and the political issues with respect to the BNP to be discussed.

Joe

Originally posted by Disco_Cat

.)

Each month seems to bring a new story about prominent BNP members being convicted of serious crimes, can we really expect law abiding Conservatives to align themselves to party full of so many violent thugs?

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=156582&command=displayContent&sourceNode=156408&contentPK=13693525&folderPk=87028

"

[

If the mods are not happy with users assessing whether or not the BNP are a credible alternative to the Conservative party then they should stop people posting such questions not those answering them.

ooops disco maybe you might want to think again about your link seeing as he hasnt been convicted of anything yet and your already have him hung drawn and quarterd.;)

AGAIN this is about the TORY PARTY and NOT the BNP, what is it will you people? are you incapable of keeping to the thread????