Aston or kjs who's better

Thinking of going tomorrow which set of ponds are better cheers chris

both are good on there day mate, its down to personal opinion, some would say aston park some would say kjs aston, i prefer aston park simply because alex knows his stuff a lot more than ken and he will go out of his way to put you on the right peg for you.

Talked to an old guy at Carterhall last week, he said KJS Westend was fishing really well.

Edited by DaveGas

apparently the ide are feeding well on lilly pond at aston park,, better stamp are coming out on choppy and caster and if fishing shalla, try double maggot rather than single !

the aston set up is much better than kjs, but the fishing is better , in MY opinion at kjs.

although if kjs still have that venue on boilie lane i would head there as its a good/not great pond and nicely laid out with plenty of features, but thats me !

KJS for me, I can't manage the slopes down to most pegs at Alexs place. Plenty of fish at both venues so it's down to personal preference.

Plumped for kjs pond one had loads of skimmers and roach on chopped worm

iv got a match at aston (stable pond) aweek this saturday never fished this pond whats it fishing like and whats best bait to use for carp and what method

popped up bread catches carp on stable, pole and pellet will work aswell, also take plenty of maggots and try for the ide if you can get em going shallow you can get a match win from these as the carp can be hit and miss

thanks spanky u have to use there pellets dont u

KJS for me.

Kjs offers a bit more variety of fishing i feel. Aston Park seems more directed/suited to the match angler and that approach to fishing. In my opinion, even the Lilly Pond has lost that secluded old estate lake feel it had for many years. Mind you Lake 2 at KJS, the big pond, has lost a lot of bankside trees etc. after recent landscaping.

My 14 year old son has fished KJS most days in the easter holidays and has had good fish every session, in some pretty poor weather conditions to.