Eggbox Demolition homage

If you would like to see my re-imagining of the Eggbox demolition then please check out the vid below. Cheers

video

You portray it as a scary event; I look at it otherwise!

My wife and I would sit upstairs in Ha Ha Bar and watch the bulldozer raze the eyesore to the ground over a pint or nine.

I found it a hideous, ugly building, totally out of keeping with the town hall.

Amazingly, our councillors have learned nothing since, erecting the 'brown finger' which shuts out sunlight over the otherwise impressive Winter Gardens and surrounding areas.

You portray it as a scary event; I look at it otherwise!

My wife and I would sit upstairs in Ha Ha Bar and watch the bulldozer raze the eyesore to the ground over a pint or nine.

I found it a hideous, ugly building, totally out of keeping with the town hall.

Amazingly, our councillors have learned nothing since, erecting the 'brown finger' which shuts out sunlight over the otherwise impressive Winter Gardens and surrounding areas.

You dont get much sun in winter anyway.

You dont get much sun in winter anyway.

March has been amazing.

Brown's, when it was Ha Ha used to be a bright pub. It is now dull because the 'brown finger', arguably the most unnecessary building in the city centre, completely overshadows it.

I blame the politicians think carefully before voting which bunch of.... should we have to run this city for one year those that like spending money because it is a nice thing to do especially when we are skint ! or someone who has to sort out the financial mess we are in I refer to South yorkshire Fire&rescue and the mess the Authority want us to have because new buildings are so nice! and we can pull them down in what 5 years AGAIN!

I agree it was a bad decision to stick it next to the old townhall as it was clearly a nasty clash. What I would say is that it had more character than what replaced it, and it was clearly at least pretty well built judging by how long it took to destroy.

It hadn't really had an impact on my life until I saw the demolition, which was definately a spectacle no-one seemed to be able to walk past without watching for a few minutes.

Is the 'brown finger' the really tall building next to the Novotel?

Yes, the 'brown finger' is the monstrosity next to Novotel.

Looks like a pile of 1970 school mobiles (ie, prefab classrooms).

Ah righto. I like the dubious nature of it's nickname alot matey.

I already killed that one in a battle between two of sheffield's mighty football titans...

Destruction aside, have a cracking easter and cheers for taking a look folks!!!

ps. Does anyone know who did the demolition? I'd like to send them a copy.

Crap .

What a constructive comment.

What a constructive comment.

I'm not a literary builder.

I know it's not constructive but I'm just giving my opinion, others have just said it's good, that's not constructive either.