Blackhorse ppi refused refund

Hi all i recently put a claim in for my ppi on my loan.

Am self-employed and feel i was tallked into having it at the time.

I rang them about 8 weeks ago and they have sent me a letter back saying i qoute.

After considering the evidence available to me.i have not found sufficient evidence to agree with your allegation that your ppi policy was mis-sold.

as such i am unable to uphold your complaint.

think am going to have a long chat tomorrow with them.

has anyone else had this problem with blackhorse.

I hear EVERYONE gets refused on their first go at asking for a refund, but you can keep on t them and it will work, eventually.

maybe go through one of the claim sites they have more experience

maybe go through one of the claim sites they have more experience

But they charge about 30-40%.

Theres a letter template on the moneysavingexpert site that says everything these companies would say.

If you look on Moneysavingexpert theres templates of letters that you can fill in the blanks and print out. As Leah says, its normal to get turned down on your first attempt.

Edit........great minds etc :)

thing is i claimed for this a few years ago.and they accepted it.

But i felt it was not enough at the time.

thought if i paid my loan of then claim it then.instead of them taking it off my loan like they do.

so i feel they are contradicting there selfs.

i dont even know if they know about this.should i tell them about it

that would shut them up.

But they charge about 30-40%.

Theres a letter template on the moneysavingexpert site that says everything these companies would say.

there are quite a few that charge nothing they claim the money bk from the bank

Submit a formal complaint.

They have to give you an answer within 30 days, or a holding letter. After 60 days they must give you a formal response. THey may still find against you, but if they do they'll explain how to take your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

If any of the selling was over the phone there should be a telephone record. If it was face to face there should be written records to show the cover was appropriate to your needs.

THe FOS is swamped with cases at present (taking on extra staff) but unless the Black Horse has done it's paperwork very carefully, there's a very good chance they'll find in your favour - unless you were indeed sold appropriate cover. Most people weren't and Lloyds has made a massive provision to be able to pay out!

I should add that most people who were sold this type of cover should follow this route.

There is no need to use any of the firms currently advertising to help. There are several helpful free websites available to give guidance, but have a look first at the FOS on; http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

thing is i claimed for this a few years ago.and they accepted it.

But i felt it was not enough at the time.

thought if i paid my loan of then claim it then.instead of them taking it off my loan like they do.

so i feel they are contradicting there selfs.

i dont even know if they know about this.should i tell them about it

that would shut them up.

Not sure if I'm reading this right. You've already claimed years ago but didn't think you got enough? If that's the case it's a totally different matter.

Whilst their records may not be too good, you're half suggesting what could be a fraudulent claim!

Make an honest claim if you like, but I'd suggest you get advice from FOS first. Don't talk to Black Horse again until you have your facts absolutely right in case you shoot yourself in the foot.

sorry did not word it right.

what i was saying is i only had the loan for a year and half and they were offering the amount of ppi i paid over that time which was not much.

so i left it a couple of years.

well in that case you haven't been mis-sold it for the remainder of the loan as you clearly knew about it and accepted it for the remainder of the loan. You should only be able to claim back the amount they initially offered

well in that case you haven't been mis-sold it for the remainder of the loan as you clearly knew about it and accepted it for the remainder of the loan. You should only be able to claim back the amount they initially offered

Are you saying that you carried on paying for something that you knew was of no benefit to you in the hope of gaining extra compensation???