Is 50th birthday a life changing age?

Not it's not, but the 60th is dire and 65 is even worse. Sorry to be so downbeat. :\

60th meant nothing to me, but 61 will, I will get my bus pass.

Hurray:D

The one I look forward to is 65, then the capitalist can shove it where the sun dont shine.

life began at 50 for me :)

Why, what happened?:D

Why, what happened?:D

finally met the love of my life and plan to spend the rest of our lives together :love:

finally met the love of my life and plan to spend the rest of our lives together :love:

Good show, well done.:thumbsup:

Good show, well done.:thumbsup:

thanks ................. :)

It was'nt for me but i'm entering into a new era, that makes me think a little.:(

Getting to nearly 50 and then losing my job had more of an impact. Now I have turned 50, I worry I won't be able to finance all the things I want to do before I become too infirm or senile to enjoy them.

Getting to nearly 50 and then losing my job had more of an impact. Now I have turned 50, I worry I won't be able to finance all the things I want to do before I become too infirm or senile to enjoy them.

That is happening a lot these days.

I have only 4 years to go, but I worry for the future of my job daily.

There is no job security these days.

Hasn't made an ounce of difference but I do work with a lot of people 20, 30 years younger which is kinda good :)

Well it was life changing for me - I started getting fan mail from Michael Parkinson!!!

I don't know about 50, but I'm 40 next week and it's terrifying! Seems like such an "old" number. I recall being a bit down when I hit 30, but 40 seems to signify the end of youth and the transition into middle age.

Don't give me the "life begins at 40" nonsense, that's just something 40 year olds say to try and feel better about it!