Computer & Video Games Quiz

Talking about Street Fighter 2, who had the most powerful move in the entire game which was also the most complicated to pull off?

Also, who was able to pull off the RED Hadouken, was it Ken or Ryu?

Zangief's 360 piledriver?

I think Ken and Ryu could both do the red hadouken, it was a random glitch.

Which British company released the 48k ZX Spectrum in 1982? Amd the 128k model a year later?

Zangief's 360 piledriver?

I think Ken and Ryu could both do the red hadouken, it was a random glitch.

Yes Zangief, but you had to use the strong punch version as it gave you the longest and hardest one, there is a double suplex move he does as well that inflicts more damage but I class that as a combo not a one hit move.

I was sure it was either one or the other that could do the red fireball but seeing some YouTube videos it seems both could do it.

Which British company released the 48k ZX Spectrum in 1982? Amd the 128k model a year later?

No-one. Sinclair released the 48k in 1982, but didn't unveil the 128k until 1985 ( after having released the Spectrum + in 1984)

Yes Zangief, but you had to use the strong punch version as it gave you the longest and hardest one, there is a double suplex move he does as well that inflicts more damage but I class that as a combo not a one hit move.

I was sure it was either one or the other that could do the red fireball but seeing some YouTube videos it seems both could do it.

I remember people claiming they knew how to do the red fireball, and wouldn't have it that it was just a random bug.

I think Capcom did give the move to Ryu in one of the later games as a bit of an in-joke.

No-one. Sinclair released the 48k in 1982, but didn't unveil the 128k until 1985 ( after having released the Spectrum + in 1984)

I always thought Steve Jobs was a modern day Clive Sinclair but seeing as Jobs is dead, we will need to search for a modern day Jobs in 10 years time.

I always thought Steve Jobs was a modern day Clive Sinclair but seeing as Jobs is dead, we will need to search for a modern day Jobs in 10 years time.

They're not really comparable, Clive Sinclair is an inventor.

They're not really comparable, Clive Sinclair is an inventor.

He's also a Sir, Steve Jobs probably wouldn't have been Knighted.

Well, he was when he helped launch Apple then lost them and was booted out ( much like Sir Clive was forced to let go of his property and share after the C5 fiasco)

However, Jobs then came back and turned Apple into the success it is today (admittedly with style over substance marketing, which the cyberpunk fan in me has to respect somewhat).

Poor Sir Clive - Amstrad made a great success of the later designs of the Spectrum, and one of these days I will pick up a +3 at a retro event (and hope the wife doesn't kill me). I was (and still am) a huge ZX Spectrum fan.

He's also a Sir, Steve Jobs probably wouldn't have been Knighted.

Seeing as Job was American is that really allowed, also, Sinclair may have been an inventor but in my thinking, they were both pioneers. In fact, Sinclair had more in common with Alan Sugar, they were both dealing in computer hardware in the 80s, Bill Gates on the other hand came in the 90s and built on their genius and developed software to work on their hardware.

Well, he was when he helped launch Apple then lost them and was booted out ( much like Sir Clive was forced to let go of his property and share after the C5 fiasco)

However, Jobs then came back and turned Apple into the success it is today (admittedly with style over substance marketing, which the cyberpunk fan in me has to respect somewhat).

Poor Sir Clive - Amstrad made a great success of the later designs of the Spectrum, and one of these days I will pick up a +3 at a retro event (and hope the wife doesn't kill me). I was (and still am) a huge ZX Spectrum fan.

You could always go to World of Spectrum web site, download a Spectrum emulator and then go to ftp.nvg.unit.no and download a Boatload of games, almost every game ever made on the Speccy was made legally downloadable several years ago, except stuff by Codemasters such as classics like the Dizzy games, Super Robin Hood, Tarzan goes Ape etc.

Seeing as Job was American is that really allowed, also, Sinclair may have been an inventor but in my thinking, they were both pioneers. In fact, Sinclair had more in common with Alan Sugar, they were both dealing in computer hardware in the 80s, Bill Gates on the other hand came in the 90s and built on their genius and developed software to work on their hardware.

I'd say Jobs and Sugar had more in common, both businessmen and marketers.

Uncle Clive did something that neither of those did, he invented things. And not just the Speccy.