Sheffield Local Elections 2012

Sheffield Local Elections 2012 : who will you vote for?  

322 members have voted

1. 1. Sheffield Local Elections 2012 : who will you vote for?

• Lib Dems
    • Labour
    • Green Party
    • Tory
    • UKIP
    • English Democrats
    • Independent

There's no point calling for a party that listens and then listing everything they'd stand for as there'd be no point the party listening if they already had a set of policies. There is a party that you describe and it's called the BNP but they're not standing this year because they're a set of nutters who can't get on with each other never mind anyone else.

In your post you equate serious crimes with cycling. Why anyone should listen to anyone who thinks cycling is on a par with burglary, arson and drug use you don't explain but I think it's due to you having the same state of mind that messed the BNP up.

The cyclist statement was a bit of tongue in cheek humour. All in all, a very simple and straightforward post which was a bit of a mickey take on our political parties. It appears that you may have had a sense of humour lobotomy.

How dare you attempt to associate me with that bunch of idiots. I can only assume that one of the catagories that I stated bears close to your own heart. I wonder with one it could be, and if none of the above, it could just be that you are simple. Would you like me to get you some crayons?

That's less than 1 hr per week over the 2 year election cycle which seems reasonable unless you only want to speak to citizens when they become voters at election time.

Since there are 3 councilors per ward it actually makes it about 15 minutes per week per councilor.

I suppose there's always a bit of a danger that a councilor might actually get chatting to a citizen which could ramp up the inconvenience to the councilor on their way to the pub citizen liaison rounds.

I'm sure you'll tell us if it's not that simple, and as you say, you can't win. Perhaps you need better methods of engaging voters citizens than stuffing party political propaganda through their door three times a year?

Tony some would be councillors are missing a trick here...now for the offer of a free pint or two I could easily be bribed I mean persuaded to vote for their party. No need for that door knocking malarky.

Woodseats Palace..mines a pint please

(Monty Python)7,500 households? Yer're lucky! 9,000 in Walkley!(/Monty Python)

How many farms have you got in Walkley? Have a look at the difference in area between Stannington and Walkley: Ward boundaries.

[Monty Python]Terraced houses, you're lucky to have terraced houses.[/Monty Python]

Tony some would be councillors are missing a trick here...now for the offer of a free pint or two I could easily be bribed I mean persuaded to vote for their party. No need for that door knocking malarky.

Woodseats Palace..mines a pint please

Aha! The ancient practice of 'treating the electorate'!

The law caught up with this practice though, and any candidate who 'treats' his/her voters in anticipation of securing their votes in return, including a pint or two down at the local pub, will find themselves in jail!

Hell yeah. The NHS is a disaster zone.

You know the German foreign office strongly advise all visitors to the UK to buy private medical cover, or secure a return to Germany for treatment as soon as absolutely possible? The NHS is third world compared to the rest of northern Europe.

^^^ This is from page four but it needs to be corrected.

The German foreign office recommend purchasing illness and return travel insurance because of the high cost of private treatment in the UK.

In other words, a German citizen might just find themselves too skint to get back home after spending a fortune on private care here.

The section in original German:

"Bei beabsichtigter Inanspruchnahme privater Leistungen wird wegen der sehr hohen Kosten empfohlen, vor der Einreise in das Vereinigte Königreich eine Kranken- und Rücktransportversicherung abzuschließen."

From here: http://www.auswaertiges-amt.de/DE/Laenderinformationen/00-SiHi/GrossbritannienSicherheit.html?nn=546520#doc347466bodyText5

They also point out that foreign tourists always have emergency cover on the NHS and a freely available European Health Insurance card (EHIC) will allow EEC citizens to make visits to UK doctors and other NHS care for general health issues.

How many farms have you got in Walkley? Have a look at the difference in area between Stannington and Walkley:

[Monty Python]Terraced houses, you're lucky to have terraced houses.[/Monty Python]

Yeah, I used to have 300 farms in Walkley before the boundaries changed.

Stannington ward tends to have higher household numbers than Walkley, so with the same electorate ends up with fewer actual households - but, longer driveways to the doors! It used to take me all day to do the 300 letterboxes in the Rivelin Valley.

If the above vote included a new party, lets say for example it was called "The Party That Actually Listens" party, and its main agenda was dishing out very hard sentences for speeding, burglary, robbery, arson, drug use, being a cyclist, car theft etc etc, and the minimum sentence handed out out on each occasion was 12 months jail. And a compulsary DNA test was taken from everyone no matter how much the Human Rights noobs complained, and also those who might have something to hide, which would make ANYBODY think twice about doing something naughty. And a more long term idea brought in to pay off the deficit in order to make our lives that bit more bearable. Hanging for paedos and rapists and finally, if you wont find a job and refuse to work, stop all benefits and sod you.

That would be my ideal party. Any chance of adding it to the same old boring list? lol

The cyclist statement was a bit of tongue in cheek humour. All in all, a very simple and straightforward post which was a bit of a mickey take on our political parties. It appears that you may have had a sense of humour lobotomy.

How dare you attempt to associate me with that bunch of idiots. I can only assume that one of the catagories that I stated bears close to your own heart. I wonder with one it could be, and if none of the above, it could just be that you are simple. Would you like me to get you some crayons?

I've repeated your original post. Humour? I doubt it. Why just hang paedos and rapists and not murderers and terrorists too? You're not one, are you? Stopping all benefits, including for those who can't work? Compulsory DNA tests for all? Sounds very BNP to me.

it is like deciding which foot to shoot yourself in no matter who vote for the first thing they do is line there own pocket and screw everyone else

If we must use that analogy then in fact its more like being asked WHERE you want to be shot.

If you choose, then you can pick where it will have the least effect on your day to day life.

If you DON'T choose, then you are allowing someone else to choose for you and they might just choose somewhere a lot more important to you.

Better to get shot in the foot than in the head!

I've repeated your original post. Humour? I doubt it. Why just hang paedos and rapists and not murderers and terrorists too? You're not one, are you? Stopping all benefits, including for those who can't work? Compulsory DNA tests for all? Sounds very BNP to me.

Ok, hang murderers and terrorists too. Good idea. I have no problems with that. But the thought of a national DNA database is a very good idea, which only seems to get opposition from people who have something to hide. There is absolutely no reason as to why anyone would oppose this in order to hopefully cut crime and for identity purposes. If this seems to some as a human rights issue, then without sounding too synical, what good is this fairly new technology if we cannot use it to make would be criminals think twice about commiting any type of offence where their DNA would be traceable? Seems like a no-brainer to me, yet it always comes back to human rights. Dont forget that most of us are decent, law abiding people who would crumble at the thought of commiting any sort of crime, so anything that makes it more difficult for thieves to evade capture must surely be worthy of a debate?

As far as the workshy comments go, there are too many people using benefits as a way of life, as the system is wrong. You should never be better off on the dole. Ever.

Thats not bnp talk, that is my feelings and ive always been a Labour supporter. Do I class myself as a normal bloke on the street? Yes I do.

Ok, hang murderers and terrorists too. Good idea. I have no problems with that. But the thought of a national DNA database is a very good idea, which only seems to get opposition from people who have something to hide. There is absolutely no reason as to why anyone would oppose this in order to hopefully cut crime and for identity purposes. If this seems to some as a human rights issue, then without sounding too synical, what good is this fairly new technology if we cannot use it to make would be criminals think twice about commiting any type of offence where their DNA would be traceable? Seems like a no-brainer to me, yet it always comes back to human rights. Dont forget that most of us are decent, law abiding people who would crumble at the thought of commiting any sort of crime, so anything that makes it more difficult for thieves to evade capture must surely be worthy of a debate?

As far as the workshy comments go, there are too many people using benefits as a way of life, as the system is wrong. You should never be better off on the dole. Ever.

Thats not bnp talk, that is my feelings and ive always been a Labour supporter. Do I class myself as a normal bloke on the street? Yes I do.

Criminals don't usually think twice. That's why they are criminals.

Re-offending rates suggest that actually being caught isn't a deterrent so why would the possibility of being caught be more of a deterrent?

In the meantime you're suggesting giving your ID to people who have no business with having it.

Criminals don't usually think twice. That's why they are criminals.

Re-offending rates suggest that actually being caught isn't a deterrent so why would the possibility of being caught be more of a deterrent?

In the meantime you're suggesting giving your ID to people who have no business with having it.

Very true Tony, but it would speed up the capture and save valuable police resources in identifying the villains. As for giving your I.D to "people", its not just any Tom,Dick or Harry. Its to the authorities. If you are stopped in the car, you must prove who you are. Where is the difference? I cant help think that its a good idea, in all areas of law enforcement.