Anyone noticed ASDA doing rip-off DVD's?

It's nothing new.

Anyone seen StarCrash from about '78, the Italian intergalactic light-sabre-clashing "epic" with the rebels mission to fly a spaceship inside the evil emperor's space station to destroy it?

Tip: Don't bother unless you REALLY like B-Movies!!

I'm not the brightest spark but what's the difference between pirate and poor copies?

A pirate has a parrot on his shoulder, a wooden leg and a hook instead of one of his hands.

Poor copies look like Johnny Depp.

Sounds a bit like all those poor people that came face to face with a hairy clam instead of a sword as they settled down to watch muffy the vampire layer!

I prefer forumosaurus's reply, it was succinct and finished with a cheap jibe :hihi::hihi:

Them's me specialties.

~Where did you get a dvd player with 50 movies frown in?

:hihi:

Is that like a sit in / love in but you sit through 50 films with a scowl on your face?

I think my forehead muscles would get tired after 3 or 4 tbh. :hihi:

Went in to buy the kids Puss in Boots and picked up what I thought was the exact thing as it had the same cgi looking cat on it but didn't really think to check for a disney or pixar or official name as I was in a rush. Got it home to find it's some cheap foreign badly dubbed cgi version. and its called Puss N Boots.

There was also one that looked exactly like disney version of Tangled but it was called Tangled up, the 'UP' was very small so it looked like Tangled.

be very careful when buying.

I know exactly what you mean. I once bought Debbie does Dallas and when I got it home it was about some stupid bint shopping

I don't think Canal do the promotion anymore?

I bought a Philips DVD player years ago from the Virgin Megastore in town, that came with 200 films. The majority of them were absolute dross; straight to video films like Shark Attack :hihi: there were lesser known films by Hollywood stars and some decent stuff like the Terminator 1 & 2, etc. The films came on dual sided DVDs with two per side.

I got one of those too!

I think mine had 4 films per disc x

flippin asda, the same happened to me when I bought debbie does dallas!

I know exactly what you mean. I once bought Debbie does Dallas and when I got it home it was about some stupid bint shopping

now thats a better copy, not a pirate.

now thats a better copy, not a pirate.

And the copy of Animal Farm certainly didn't have Pete Postlethwaite doing the voice over

There is a whole move genre now called the mockbuster.

cheers this bit was interesting

Mockbusters/knockbusters have a long history in Hollywood and elsewhere.[3][4][5][6] For example, the 1959 Vanwick film The Monster of Piedras Blancas was a clear derivative of Creature from the Black Lagoon, complete with a creature suit by the same designer, Jack Kevan. Attack of the 50 Foot Woman spawned Village of the Giants; The Blob generated The Green Slime; The Land That Time Forgot spun Legend of Dinosaurs & Monster Birds; Star Wars gave derivative birth to a jumble of imitations — Starcrash, Battle Beyond the Stars, among others. The success of Spielberg's 1982 family-film E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial spawned the infamous 1988 film Mac and Me. The 1984 film Gremlins and its ensuing popularity inspired the creation of the notoriously bad 1988 rip-off Hobgoblins

Got it home to find it's some cheap foreign badly dubbed cgi version. and its called Puss N Boots.

I've got a DVD at home called that....the misses isn't too happy though. :thumbsup:

I've got a DVD at home called that....the misses isn't too happy though. :thumbsup:

Why? Didn't the director get the best out of her?:hihi: