Sick of nuisance phone calls

once you know its a sales job or ppi, etc sky, just pretend you cant hear them and just keep saying ,hello hello can you hear me they soon ring off

I used to work for Voice on behalf of N-Power (corrupt business haha) and they told us that TPS doesn't even work.. cos your number gets sold on to these companies if you enter competitions, surveys, advantage cards.. even mailing lists and stuff.

The best you can do is find out what company keeps ringing (or companies) and complain.

They will get the message. It's a pain in the arse but unfortunately thats sales for you...

I let the last one who phoned me listen to the Archers for 10mins...He phoned me back later & called me a "Dick Head" LOL

Hahhahaha what a titty

If these people call, and I have a bit of time on my hands, I like to have a bit of fun with them- they called me uninvited, after all. I usually use my sweet but a bit dim little old Sheffield man voice.

A few weeks back, a man who sounded as if he was from the Indian sub-continent called, and asked if I had had an accident recently.

"Well", I replied , "as a matter of fact I did".

"Oh mah gord! How terrible! Where did this happen?"

"I was at the shopping centre. On the escalator."

"Oh mah gord!" he said, sensing a tasty claim. "What happened to you?"

"Oh, it was a terrible accident- it was a real mess."

"Oh mah gord (he said this A LOT). Where exactly was your accident?"

"In my pants. I'd poo-ed myself. It was on my shoes and everything."

As he had some trouble understanding this concept, we were there for a while. He then got his supervisor on the line, and I retold the whole sorry tale to him as well. He understood rather better, and wasn't exactly happy about it. Even when I asked if I could expect a new pair of underpants as compensation (to which the answer was a resounding "No"), he wouldn't let it go. After 25 minutes or so of this, the supervisor suggested that, since I behaved like a young child, I should perhaps wear a nappy when I went out. At this point, I remembered something I needed to do in the kitchen, and walked off, without hanging up.

Half an hour of their time wasted, and a great deal of fun at their expense. We haven't had a cold call since- I think we're now on some kind of cold call black list. Result! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I like this idea of a whistle!

hi, i can tell you all with a high degree of certainty that these cold callers get your numbers from web sites such as gocompare or confused dot com. they sell your details..

looking for car or house insurance notice the asterix wich requires the appropriate field to be filled in. phone number/ email for instance.

hi, i can tell you all with a high degree of certainty that these cold callers get your numbers from web sites such as gocompare or confused dot com. they sell your details..

looking for car or house insurance notice the asterix wich requires the appropriate field to be filled in. phone number/ email for instance.

I like to make slight mistakes, so when they call I know who sold me out ;)

If these people call, and I have a bit of time on my hands, I like to have a bit of fun with them- they called me uninvited, after all. I usually use my sweet but a bit dim little old Sheffield man voice.

:

I've got to say, your post is the funniest thing I've read all day :hihi::hihi:

Don't answer the phone, if it's someone you know or important they will ring your mobile or leave a message, you can always 1471 as well (just don't do ring back it'll cost you).

Or answer it, and just say ' hold on a moment whilst I press record'

they usually hang up straight away.

Half an hour of their time wasted, and a great deal of fun at their expense. We haven't had a cold call since- I think we're now on some kind of cold call black list. Result! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

That was a good one. We tell all sorts of stories to the people who ring up - my husband once told someone who wanted to know who our phone provider was that we used tin cans and string "of course if it's an international call we need a *really* long bit of string". We were surprised how long the person on the end spent trying to convince him it couldn't be true. I did have an incident a few weeks ago when an Indian guy tried to tell me there was something wrong with my computer - when I said something along the lines of "oh, this should be good, go on then tell me what's wrong with it" he decided to turn it into an obscene phone call. I have to say he had a good command of English slang for body parts though his pronunciation of some of the words made me chuckle. I walked off and left him to it - I could hear his voice going for a while. I've visions of him being carried out of the building, foaming at the mouth and still going on about vageeeeenas.........

Bear in mind the TPS is a toothless tiger and do not actively stop these services. We have register and re-registered every year and will still get these calls every week.

We registered all our fax numbers and we still get spam faxes every week.

morecamberox. I love that !!! It made my day!!!

I have caller display. no recognise number=no answer!! Or failing that FOXTROT OSCAR!!!!!!!