Sick of nuisance phone calls

I took the problem head on and said I was interested but I wished to speak to the chief general manager which I did told him to stop and so far....They have put it down to the recession and these desperados have no job anymore you have to be calm about it and say you really are not interested and they are wasting their profits as Iwill not buy off the Telephone Goodbye Brrrrrrrr......(dead phone line noise)

I joined TPS to, but it seems to make no difference. Today [Tu], seven out of eight missed calls were 'No message left'- and calling back reveals them to be from cold-callers.

I am at the end of my tether now.....at least 3 times a day does the phone ring and at the other end is a recorded message ....usually begins with 'Hello' at this point I just slam the phone down

it just rang and I picked it up ... very authoritive voice.....THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESS........ at that point slammed the phone down

can these be stopped does anyone know

I am ex directory so I am fuming how they have got my number, and if other companies or selling it on then this is a disgrace and needs to stopped

rant over......but I am still sick of it :rant:

Welcome to the club. These are autodiallers fishing for business

I joined TPS to, but it seems to make no difference. Today [Tu], seven out of eight missed calls were 'No message left'- and calling back reveals them to be from cold-callers.

If they are pure cold callers (ie not had the nod from you on some application form or other) and from the UK then you should report them to the TPS..they could be in line for a large fine... I'm surprised that you were able to get a number to call them back on..usually it's hidden.

Had a quite day at Easter cus of the hoilday, but again its back to nuisance calls

had 3 on Tuesday, 2 in the afternoon and about 7,00pm.

Checked the number calls on 147 not recognise in my phone book.

If they are pure cold callers (ie not had the nod from you on some application form or other) and from the UK then you should report them to the TPS..they could be in line for a large fine...

TPS is run by the Direct Marketing Association. They might get a slightly stern letter.

Cold calling without opt-in is a breach of the Privacy of Electronic Communications Regulations which can be reported to the Information Commissioners Office. They might get an even more stern letter.

There are only two ways forward:

* TrueCall to stop the calls

* Or waste as much as the callers time as possible to make it uneconomic for them to call and to have some fun at their expense.

I think I'm going to buy a whistle

I tend to get around 8 of these calls a day, sometimes the same company more than once on the same day. I'm thinking up a strategy on how to deal with them.

I don't blame the people calling, they do their job, but I really have enough of PPI claims, Weatherseals etc.

I let the last one who phoned me listen to the Archers for 10mins...He phoned me back later & called me a "Dick Head" LOL

Cold calls really **** me off, I am sick of them. I am now going to buy a whistle!

Get TPS registered. It will stop some calls.

Then after a month, if someone calls - be nice to them, get all their details and then threaten to report them to OFCOM. Not sure if they are the right people to report them to but TPS don't actually do anything.

Take note too whether they withheld their number when they called you.

One day I will contact someone to report these cold callers to - just can't be bothered at the moment.

G