Sick of nuisance phone calls

I am at the end of my tether now.....at least 3 times a day does the phone ring and at the other end is a recorded message ....usually begins with 'Hello' at this point I just slam the phone down

it just rang and I picked it up ... very authoritive voice.....THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESS........ at that point slammed the phone down

can these be stopped does anyone know

I am ex directory so I am fuming how they have got my number, and if other companies or selling it on then this is a disgrace and needs to stopped

rant over......but I am still sick of it :rant:

Have the same problem and it is so annoying. I have caller ID so can see the numbers calling and now have a list of some of the numbers so I pick up and put straight down. Fed up of them leaving messages about PPI etc.

Don't really want to fork out money to stop the numbers, don't really think I should have to. I'm also ex-directory so would like to now where they get my number from.

The TPS is free, unless there's been a huge change since I last contacted them.

They get your number from every database that your number is on being sold to anybody who asks.

The TPS is free, unless there's been a huge change since I last contacted them.

They get your number from every database that your number is on being sold to anybody who asks.

It's still free.. :)

I get exactly the same thing and it is annoying.

I've just registered with tps, thanks for the suggestion truman.

What I also get is numerous banks, debt companies, loan companies and more phoning for one particular person. No matter how many times I tell them that the person is not available on this number and to remove the number from their records, they still call.

didn't know it was free, when I looked into how to stop recieving these calls the site wanted £30 fee (don't know what site it was though)

Looked on TPS webpage and unfortunately it does no stop the recorded message phone calls, it is only for live callers.

Edited by madagasca
additional info

I am at the end of my tether now.....at least 3 times a day does the phone ring and at the other end is a recorded message ....usually begins with 'Hello' at this point I just slam the phone down

it just rang and I picked it up ... very authoritive voice.....THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESS........ at that point slammed the phone down

can these be stopped does anyone know

I am ex directory so I am fuming how they have got my number, and if other companies or selling it on then this is a disgrace and needs to stopped

rant over......but I am still sick of it :rant:

Pay your bills then you wont get these calls.

Its usualy a debt collector or something of that ilk.

I get exactly the same thing and it is annoying.

I've just registered with tps, thanks for the suggestion truman.

What I also get is numerous banks, debt companies, loan companies and more phoning for one particular person. No matter how many times I tell them that the person is not available on this number and to remove the number from their records, they still call.

Do what i do.

Just answer the phone.

Then say "yes, ill just go get them" and then leave the phone on the worktop or something and go have a cuppa.

One of the little terriers managed to hold on for 25 minutes before he realised i wasnt coming back:hihi:

I've had to sign on for JSA, and as part of the contract, I've uploaded a CV to several job sites, and have been applying. Since uploading it, I've had 10 x more nuisance phonecalls than I had before, hmmmm

I've had to sign on for JSA, and as part of the contract, I've uploaded a CV to several job sites, and have been applying. Since uploading it, I've had 10 x more nuisance phonecalls than I had before, hmmmm

Your details get sold :mad:

Do what i do.

Just answer the phone.

Then say "yes, ill just go get them" and then leave the phone on the worktop or something and go have a cuppa.

One of the little terriers managed to hold on for 25 minutes before he realised i wasnt coming back:hihi:

I might try that but say 'Yes, please hold the line' and put the stereo on, LOUD :hihi:.