Kobo ereader or Amazon Kindle?

Why get a kindle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-M009S-Capacitive-SANDWICH-Responsive/dp/B006M07X34/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

Excellent little tablet for about the same price and just put the kindle app on it.Unless you are doing a lot of reading outside.Then you can play games,browse internet etc as well.

Have you ever used or seen a Kindle?

I just got myself a Kobe touch, there seems to be an issue with it out of the box with turning pages, screen touches not recognised, several presses required to turn the page, sometimes page turning more than one page, this made it very frustrating and irritating to use. I updated the Kobo touch firmware via the kobo desktop program and this has improved things, its still not 100% reliable at page turning but now the occasional glitch seems to only need a second tap to turn the page.

Have you ever used or seen a Kindle?

I own a kindle yes.I read 3 books a week but don`t use the kindle.Thanks very much for asking.

I put that as an alternative as the Kindle fire which is a tablet is not available in the UK yet but is selling 1.3 million units a month.Some people prefer devices they can do other things on as well as read.

Edited by XXTickerXX

The Kindle Fire does indeed do rather more than the Kindle and no doubt it will sell well when it is offered in the UK.

The biggest drawback with the Kindle Fire is the comparatively short battery life. - A charge lasts between 3 and 4 hours and if you're on a long journey and you want to use it throughout that journey, you need an external power source.

Why get a kindle.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NATPC-M009S-Capacitive-SANDWICH-Responsive/dp/B006M07X34/ref=pd_cp_ce_1

Excellent little tablet for about the same price and just put the kindle app on it.Unless you are doing a lot of reading outside.Then you can play games,browse internet etc as well.

Will it run for a fortnight without charging?

I like books, but for travelling the kindle is excellent, I'll be upgrading it to a kindle touch though when they're available in the UK.

I like books, but for travelling the kindle is excellent, I'll be upgrading it to a kindle touch though when they're available in the UK.

27th April it's available in UK if you (or anyone else) didn't know.

Why move from a Kindle to the Kindle Touch by the way?

How often do you spend in the Amazon rain forest without the hope of an electricity outlet for 2 whole weeks.Let me take a guess.Never.

How often do you spend in the Amazon rain forest without the hope of an electricity outlet for 2 whole weeks.Let me take a guess.Never.

Strange you should mention that, I have just got back from two weeks in the Amazon and I was furious that my tablet went flat just 3 days in, had I been using my Kindle I would have been sorted.

The £49 kobo in asda looks like good value ?

I think you miss the point, it's nice not to worry about the charge on your e-reader.

On the other hand being on a 10 hour flight isn't that unusual. And when you add in the hour on the train, 2 hours in the airport waiting and another hour at the other side, all potentially without power we can guess which ebook will still be running by the time you arrive.