'Tower' near Bradfield

its called Boots Folly....supposed to have been built by Charles Boot's workmen when they were short of work during the depression, but various urban myths exist about it.

Thats what we were told when we did a loft in boots house near strines they had old architecs drawings on walls of the building. house that is, thought it said for henry boot could be sons house think it was built around 1900 but it was early 90s and memory not what it was. . remember all the down pipes and hoppers were in lead with a bee emblem on must have taken ages to do .anyway in the loft when we opened it up was a large sheet of lead with all the names of plumbers on starting with a master plumber down to apprentices think 6 or 8 names and dates. wish I got a mobile then to take a picture . so ask new owners if they wanted a feature making out of it in wall .no cover it over. :help:

I was told it was built by Henry Boot, he could climb to the top and see his wifes grave in High Bradfield Church Yard.

If it is the square one overlooking the Flask, it is Kirk's folly, but I can't remember who Mr Kirk was.

The tower I mean over looks Strines Reservoir, can be seen when travelling from Strines Inn towards A57 Rd in to Ladybower

My dad said a cow went up the stairs and got stuck so they had to remove the stairs.. and the cow haha

...another Hallamshire lad in Dudley..? Thought it was just me..!!