MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

We have been renting our house with blundells and all we have had is problems with them over pricing the property which left it vacant for so long people tried breaking in (this cost us £90 in fixing costs and now an extra £140 from the police being called out and fixing cost which we weren't told about).

They were paid for full management but didn't check on the house, shed got stolen because no one was checking on it, not a proper check in so now fighting with the previous tenant about the deposit and they never answer the phone and emails take 2 weeks for a reply.

It has been a stress for start to almost finish

im currently letting a house which is ,managed by blundells, i have never known such shambles in all my life!! i wouldnt use them ever again! i am now having to move after signing a 2 year contract march 30th this year!! the house has been repossessed, the landlord hadnt paid the mortgage for 9 months and to top it all off he wasnt allowed to let the property in the first place! i am having to replace all my appliances and extra costs incurred through moving, having to buy carpets etc......we have until 24th april to find alternative accomodation

im currently letting a house which is ,managed by blundells, i have never known such shambles in all my life!! i wouldnt use them ever again! i am now having to move after signing a 2 year contract march 30th this year!! the house has been repossessed, the landlord hadnt paid the mortgage for 9 months and to top it all off he wasnt allowed to let the property in the first place! i am having to replace all my appliances and extra costs incurred through moving, having to buy carpets etc......we have until 24th april to find alternative accomodation

That sounds rough, but it might be L's fault and not L's Agents'.

After all, it was L who used them. As T, you didn't; they weren't your Agents at all.

Don't the agent have some sort of obligation to ensure the landlord is in a position to rent out the property in the first place?

I'm planning to rent out my house in a year or two, on the understanding that I'll need to switch to a buy-to-let type mortgage. If the agents aren't going to check, then I may as well not bother!

Don't the agent have some sort of obligation to ensure the landlord is in a position to rent out the property in the first place?!

Contractual: maybe to L (depending on the Agency Agreement's contents); but not to T. The Agent is L's only.

Negligence: maybe to L or T or both. However, the claimant would have to prove the existence of a duty which A breached so causing loss to him/her.

I was just wondering if anyone had any experiences with Enterprise Property Services/Reza Salamat.

I was sent a copy of the tenancy agreement a week ago and by all accounts it's very weak e.g no time limit for fixing faults etc.

My one previous encounter with a private landlord was an absolute shambles. However, from what I've seen of the properties let by Enterprise they seem to be of a good standard.

Usually a quick google reveals a few personal experiences but all that comes up in this instance is 10 breaches of building health and safety regulations.

Don't the agent have some sort of obligation to ensure the landlord is in a position to rent out the property in the first place?

I'm planning to rent out my house in a year or two, on the understanding that I'll need to switch to a buy-to-let type mortgage. If the agents aren't going to check, then I may as well not bother!

i also thought this, as they do plenty of checks on the tentants before they let it to them so why not the landlord?

maybe im wrong but i will be putting a complaint in although when i phoned for the head office details they refused to give them to me!!!

the landlord hadnt been paying the morgage 6 1/2 months before i let the property out, on a 2 year contract believing we could settle here on a long term basis.

Mod Note

Posts removed for naming and shaming.

We have been renting our house with blundells and all we have had is problems with them over pricing the property which left it vacant for so long people tried breaking in (this cost us £90 in fixing costs and now an extra £140 from the police being called out and fixing cost which we weren't told about).

They were paid for full management but didn't check on the house, shed got stolen because no one was checking on it, not a proper check in so now fighting with the previous tenant about the deposit and they never answer the phone and emails take 2 weeks for a reply.

It has been a stress for start to almost finish

We too have had so many problems with Blundells renting out our property. We had some really bad tennants in our property who didn't pay the rent and contravened the contract by homing a dog, lodger, not maintaining the gardens, etc, etc. We pay Blundells a monthly fee for rent payment and basically we have just had to be on there case consistantly as they just did not know what they were doing. All in all a total shambles and I would never use them again.

We are now looking for a new letting agent so would be interested in any good recommendations from folks.

It just sometimes seems that tennants have more rights then us landlords!

My mum uses key2go at Mosborough. They found her a tenant straight away last October for her house at Gleadless Townend and has had no problems up to now.

I was a tenant at a property managed by key2go, I would recommend people stay away from them. Constant name changes, I believe the company separated and the other part of what was key2go is now jmc. It was a nightmare, they breached tenancy agreement, lost rent, poor communication. I believe in fact there is a thread somewhere on here about them.

If every tennant and landlord were legit we would't need these slimeballs who call themselves agents,unfortunatly this is not the case and we can't be on the ball all the time especially if we spend a lot of time overseas.

Having recently sold my property the sale collapsed a week before contracts were due to be exchanged (not a problem with my house- my buyers still want it but have had to put theirs back on the market) I am now back to square one and considering my options.

Having read many threads on here I'm thinking there are many more people wnting to rent than buy, and so rather than leaving it empty all winter until another buyer turns up (it took six months and a considerable reduction in price to sell in the first place) I am now thinking of renting it out on a six month lease.

Problem is I don't know the first thing about renting and would like some recommendations as to decent letting agents I could contact as a start. Also, any I should avoid?