MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

From a tenant point of view, I'd also say avoid Saxton Mee. They were useless with us and we also have friends who have had terrible service from them. This wasn't even them being our agents either -this was trying to view properties! They didn't return our calls at times, reply to emails or even turn up for appointments in our case! Consequently, we would never even bother viewing a property if we had to use them in future, even if we loved it. The property we're actually in now was on with them so we posted a letter through the door to the landlord and did it privately.

Most others we've contacted or had as agents seem to be on the ball. Crapper Haigh seem to have a blanket policy of no pets in any of the properties they handle, which was a pain for us, but as a landlord it might be ok if you don't want animals in your house.

Good Luck!

Edited by Mainer

Mottram Lettings are apparently very good, my father in law uses them. They're based Broomhill/Crookes way. I haven't got their details to hand, but I think a quick google search will show their details.

Good luck!

Kev

Hello,

I just wanted to find out from landlords/estate agents how much letting agents tend to charge? e.g. Finders fee? Fee to tennant for checks? Monthly management fee?

Thanks

:)

varies but its usually 10% of monthly rent

I'm with Blundells - we haven't had any fees so far except an application/admin fee which was 150 quid when I put in the application for tenancy. Aside from rent/bond, that was all. We'll see what happens when we renew the lease in March though.

I know Sheffield Lettings charges 200 quid for their application fee. They had our second choice flat, rent for both was the same per month and both flats are within 100m of each other (which made it hard to choose!).

Edited by opendestiny

Hello did you get sorted with the agent dont let them over charge you for the EPC give us a look http://www.inspekto.co.uk for all your EPC requirements

Cheers Adam

Guest pegmosaic

We charge 12.5% of the monthly rent for our fully managed service or £375 + VAT for our fully managed service.

Kind Regards

Simon

I am considering various letting agents to use for letting out a 3 bedroom house in the S8 area. Need to make sure they are good at what they do and can find us tenants as soon as needed.

Any recommendations? Were looking to use Bloor and co, but I'm aware there are others covering this area.

I would give Let To Live a call.

They will come and see the property and give you a realistic rental valuation.

They are also one of the best lettings agents I have come across.

Google them to find their number

Thanks voltarei. I'll look them up.

Any opinions on the 'big names' anyone, e.g. Blundells etc? I know personally, some of the newere smaller/online letting agents can be excellent, but often would not have quite as much 'coverage' of the tenant market.

I would give Let To Live a call.

They will come and see the property and give you a realistic rental valuation.

They are also one of the best lettings agents I have come across.

Google them to find their number

Surely you can recommend the letting agents that you are working for...or do you work for Let to Live? I refer to a previous post where you are looking for an experienced lettings negotiator? Appologies if I have got this wrong.