MEGATHREAD:- Recommended Lettings Agents

Hi Im looking to let a couple of properties out through a letting agent.

Any one have any experience with them or would be able to reccommend things to watch out for

Hey, your PM inbox is full.

Landlords - are you fed up with your current letting agent? Have you had bad experiences of letting agents in the past? Are you fed up with being charged high management fees? If the answer is yes, help is at hand with Totally Lettings!

Totally Lettings is a recently formed lettings company. I decided to set up my own company as, after working for 3 of the major agents in the Sheffield area for a period of over 7 years, I was unhappy with the way Landlords and Tenants were charged high fees and were not receiving a good customer service in return.

Landlords and Tenants will receive a friendly, professional service. I will give the same management services that the big agents offer, as well as offering alternative management packages; basically tailoring packages to individual Landlord’s needs. My management fees will be lower than what you are currently being charged and your property will be managed in a more personal way. I will be on hand to advise you on any lettings queries you have, as well as serving any legal notices required. Unlike most staff currently working in various lettings departments, I am able to give details of legalities and procedures immediately, based upon experience gained, and do not have the need to check with legal helplines and later call Landlords back with the relevant information for the simplest question. I have found that Landlords find it very disconcerting when they ask their letting agent a question, only to be told that they have to check the answer and call the Landlord back.

I have worked in Lettings and Property Management for over 7 years now and feel passionately about my job. I know what the lettings market is like and what Landlord’s look for in an agent. Whereas many agents seem happy to let properties remain empty for lengthy periods and neglect to obtain necessary feedback from viewings, I would keep Landlord’s fully up to date and would advise them on any areas that were making the property stick/would help to let it quicker.

Landlord’s can be confident that their properties are in safe hands if put under my management. Tenants too can be confident that they will have the security of renting through an agent, but not have such high admin fees that alot of agents charge.

If you are unhappy with your current agent, wish to discuss what management service and fees I can offer or to arrange a free, no obligation rental valuation, please do not hesitate to email me at totallylettings@sky.com.

Hi Im looking to let a couple of properties out through a letting agent.

Any one have any experience with them or would be able to reccommend things to watch out for

Hi Dont know if you are sorted yet but I do a lot of work for Sheff-letts and Northwood letting agents both on Middlewood Road Hillsborough. They both seem very professional and clued up. They are always busy. Maybe worth a call............

We rented a house through Mike Jolly when we first moved to Sheffield and as a tenant we were very impressed with them.

Are you looking for let only or full management?

sorry not been login on to here. thank you for the replies Viper k mailbox has sum spaces now TotallyLett a little cheeky of you to hijack my threat wit an advert of your services not very polite, wouldnt trust someone that has no respect for others, sorry. finoni9 is that correct there are a few threats that I have found since posting thraet and they paint a bleak picture, and charlotte depends on price probably both

I think with every agency there will be some good and some bad - as someone who rented through them, they were great, immediately responded to any problems we had, contact the owner and got back to asap...... they were very helpful!

Well from personal experience i can recommend Bloor & Co, i've also heard good things from people who've used Property Partners, Oak Estates and Shef-Lets. A quick search on here or Google should bring up their information :)

I would recommend Heppenstalls Estate Agents, based at Handsworth in Sheffield. They are very professional with reasonable fees. If its value for money, and a reliable service you want then these are the people to contact

Tel 0114 2691333 and ask to speak to Richard. Tell him Steven Peacock recommended them to you and he will look after you.