Ford remote keyfobs faults

heres one the got me puzzled maybe its common. ford remote central locking key fob last year it got to a point where it wasnt working from a long way of used it like that for a few months no probs there. finally decided to stop being a tight git and had battery replaced with bloke in morrisons now the puzzle starts every 4 maybe 5 weeks battery is totally dead and i put a new one in perfect for 4 weeks then batterys dead and so on and on etc its a cr2032 is this right one? tried various makes duracel energiser etc etc all last no more than a month any help pls

I suspect that one of the buttons is connecting and draining the battery. These keyfobs tend to get full of dust and bits, having spent years in someone's pocket. If you strip it down and clean all the bits out then it may solve the problem.

I suspect that one of the buttons is connecting and draining the battery. These keyfobs tend to get full of dust and bits, having spent years in someone's pocket. If you strip it down and clean all the bits out then it may solve the problem.

cheers never thought of that ill give it a go later

my partner works for ford & he says if you have tried various batteries & they are going flat quick then the fault is the circuit board in the remote that is duffed! time to buy a new remote but be prepared as they arn't cheap about £80 unless you use ebay & you may find 1 cheaper on there.

hope this helps beanz

my partner works for ford & he says if you have tried various batteries & they are going flat quick then the fault is the circuit board in the remote that is duffed! time to buy a new remote but be prepared as they arn't cheap about £80 unless you use ebay & you may find 1 cheaper on there.

hope this helps beanz

hi beanz 80 quid woudnt be bad if it sorted it does your partner no if there easy to programe to car dont fancy paying out for someone to do it on top of buying the remote fob

hi beanz 80 quid woudnt be bad if it sorted it does your partner no if there easy to programe to car dont fancy paying out for someone to do it on top of buying the remote fob

They need to be programmed to the car via a ford computer because of the immobiliser chip in the renote fob so sorry but more expence unless you find a garage that won't charge for doing it.

My partners garage charges about £30 for the programming.

hope this helps.

Edited by beanz