Where in Sheffield are we lacking a good coffee shop/cafe?

A good coffee shop/cafe at Heeley Retail Park, I mean actually where Matalan/Boots is, there hasn't been one since Readmans closed down. The seating area in there was only small so somewhere bigger would be good. It's a busy area.

round loxley/wisewood

Walkley would be a good place, and it's just started to get back on its feet - the area around Asda is really coming together - a new farm shop, good florist, greengrocers, two or three good restaurants, not forgetting the Guitar Shack! It does have a couple of cafes which are very good (the Pie Shop & Our Gert's) but a bit 'old school' - so it could really use a new coffee shop.

Walkley would be a good place, and it's just started to get back on its feet - the area around Asda is really coming together - a new farm shop, good florist, greengrocers, two or three good restaurants, not forgetting the Guitar Shack! It does have a couple of cafes which are very good (the Pie Shop & Our Gert's) but a bit 'old school' - so it could really use a new coffee shop.

Agreed. Neither of the above are particularly pushchair friendly, and definitely an untapped market of mums in the area.

Gleadless Townend, Newfield Green...

There is a nice cafe on Townend. I'm not sure Newfield Green attracts the coffee shop crowd. Newfield Green needs a good takeaway.

Manor Top... there's a small sandwich shop with a couple of tables, but I've never been in, the catering margarine tub I saw there put me right off :gag:

A cafe could do well on Manor Top, at lunchtime the only competition is the sandwich shop with the margarine, pre packed tesco/asda sandwiches & the chippy. There are a few empty shops, lots of passing trade, good transport links & quite a few people work there

Norfolk park has a nice cafe in it now. Its really good :)

There is a nice cafe on Townend. I'm not sure Newfield Green attracts the coffee shop crowd. Newfield Green needs a good takeaway.

Manor Top... there's a small sandwich shop with a couple of tables, but I've never been in, the catering margarine tub I saw there put me right off :gag:

A cafe could do well on Manor Top, at lunchtime the only competition is the sandwich shop with the margarine, pre packed tesco/asda sandwiches & the chippy. There are a few empty shops, lots of passing trade, good transport links & quite a few people work there

I dont think that 'Manor Top' has that many people called Jocaster or Tarquin to merit siting a coffee shop there. Having copies of the Sun, The Star and sticky copies of the Sunday Sport on the counter is so not a la mode with coffee shop etiquette. Jog on....:hihi:

People will not pay for a good cup of coffee in sheffield the overheads on a business are too high what does a jar of coffee cost premesis rent&rates,staff,insurance etc etc. it is very difficult today until Rateable values are reduced business will find it difficult as rateable value & business rates are connected in the overall calculation, it is not a question of putting one in the only way it could work is if it is in a working business already that would draw people in.Tough out there!

Norfolk Park, please! Granville Road! I would come every day. When Park Hill is full of hip new things, they'll need a nice hang out.

Norfolk park has a nice cafe in it now. Its really good :)

where?!!!!??!!