Where in Sheffield are we lacking a good coffee shop/cafe?

I agree with that actually, we could do with somewhere for a coffee up there.

I thought an internet cafe would have been more up your street.

Doesn't Grenoside have one at the top of Norfolk Hill. Also, isn't there one in the community centre, and in methodist chuch on Saturdays? Is there another at the Crematorium, and Busters Cafe at Grenoside Grange? Also, hasn't another just opened up on Penistone Road: Munro's cupcake cafe? But I'm sure another wouldn't hurt...

well, i did mention the one at top of norfolk hill being rather too small (3 tables tops) and its not open very long 10ish to 3ish only 4-5 days a week - so you can't get in or its not open,

Munro's isn't open regularly all week and isn't actually in greno village, its bang slap on penistone road and dangerous to turn in/out of if you're in a car,

the Crem is for funeral teas only

Busters at the Grange - well, they wouldn't let us in once as we weren't visiting anyone who stays there and when my colleague went whose mother lives there went, they had run out of coffee....and the comm centre has never opened as a coffee/tea shop. ok, the methodists may do the odd cake and coffee event but thats once in a blue moon

so yeah, greno is rammed with tea/coffee shops that are accessible, open 5-6 days a week aren't they?!

good luck to anyone setting up a new business, if you do decide on greno, i'll be in with the family.

xgx

Why would we want independent coffee shops when chain ones are nicer, comfier, better, more convenient.

And independent ones are only cheaper when they're crap and the coffee comes from Macro and is served in a polystyrene cup.

Agree top end of Hills busy with cafes and coffee shops but Penisrone road end I don't see any close to park and Wednesday ground.

There's not as many people round that way though are there. It's more light industry than residential/commercial.

Why would we want independent coffee shops when chain ones are nicer, comfier, better, more convenient.

And independent ones are only cheaper when they're crap and the coffee comes from Macro and is served in a polystyrene cup.

Totally disagree. Costa and Starbucks are the McDonalds or Greggs mass-produced crap of the coffee world. Give me a high end indie shop any day.

outside my house!

They Should Have little coffee shop's in the parks/green land areas of sheffield

I presume you are referring to the fact that in all of these locations are other well established chain coffee shops??

Precisely. Starbucks, to be specific. The OP requested information OJ where is lacking a decent coffee shop, hence the list.

Gleadless Townend, Newfield Green...

Its surprising that Newfield Green doesn't have one as it just feels like it should.

Sadly no Cafe that opens at Gleadless Townend seems to do very well, at least I assume that is the reason as they never last long. Its a shame as I would love to be able to walk down to have a good English breakfast and a coffee.

I think with Townend they assume they will get a lot of business due to how busy it is with traffic. But the one-way system plays havok and the parking is terrible. :(

Instead I have resorted to bacon salads at Buttilicious on Blackstock Road which although I enjoy the food its a real drag not having anywhere to sit down and relax while eating.

go up eccy rd there are dozens of them up there

Hillsborough needs a good coffee shop desperately IMO, especially if it has customer toilets.

There used to be a Cafe in the Co Op, but that died a couple of years ago.

There are two or three decent ones in Hillsborough now and do you really think the CO-OP one was ok????

i would like to see a nice one in Bradfield, it's beautiful out there. At the mo you only have the tiny one in the Post Ofice and the new bistro/shop/cafe. I went to this one once and upstairs where the cafe is, you could be anywere, you can't even see the views out of the high windows and no atmosphere.