Where in Sheffield are we lacking a good coffee shop/cafe?

Riverside down near the courts would be great, nothing there, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, retail all needed such a big market down there...... The courts, police, lawyers, home office and lots of other offices all with nothing local.

Hillsborough needs a good coffee shop desperately IMO, especially if it has customer toilets.

There used to be a Cafe in the Co Op, but that died a couple of years ago.

Hillsborough needs another coffee shop like it needs another estate agent or beauty sallon.

There's dozens of them that are currently underused. There are 9 on Middlewood Road between the corner and the library alone:- Gracie's, Java Lounge, Ruby's, Shoppers Rest, Buttercup, Choco Latte, Maggie May's, Truly Scrumptious, and CafeDotNet.

Tea is the new black, it's very chich amongst the students at present, and is having a major revamp, sales have gone through the roof.

If you want to check out a good cafe thats got it's act together, you can't beat Grindleford Cafe, IMO.

Hillsborough needs another coffee shop like it needs another estate agent or beauty sallon.

There's dozens of them that are currently underused. There are 9 on Middlewood Road between the corner and the library alone:- Gracie's, Java Lounge, Ruby's, Shoppers Rest, Buttercup, Choco Latte, Maggie May's, Truly Scrumptious, and CafeDotNet.

I agree. Hillsborough's a no-no unless you have something really special to offer. I wondered how Buttercup would do when it opened in competition with so many others, but its nearly always busy. The home baking is excellent.

I agree. Hillsborough's a no-no unless you have something really special to offer. I wondered how Buttercup would do when it opened in competition with so many others, but its nearly always busy. The home baking is excellent.

Buttercup does well because it has a theme and appeals to a set of people. Today people need to find that niche like you say before they open.:)

Agree top end of Hills busy with cafes and coffee shops but Penisrone road end I don't see any close to park and Wednesday ground.

Another vote for grenoside!

I'd like to gain people's opinions on locations where they feel Sheffield is lacking a really good independent coffee shop/cafe. Perhaps you travel a distance from your home/work to get to one but wish that you didn't have to? I'm considering starting one up, so would appreciate any input as to location.

Opposite Weston Park by the children's hospital, bottom of Fargate near Greggs, Orchard Square, opposite the Forum and on Ecclesall Road. All of those places would benefit from an establishment selling decent coffee.

Another vote for grenoside!

Doesn't Grenoside have one at the top of Norfolk Hill. Also, isn't there one in the community centre, and in methodist chuch on Saturdays? Is there another at the Crematorium, and Busters Cafe at Grenoside Grange? Also, hasn't another just opened up on Penistone Road: Munro's cupcake cafe? But I'm sure another wouldn't hurt...

Opposite Weston Park by the children's hospital, bottom of Fargate near Greggs, Orchard Square, opposite the Forum and on Ecclesall Road. All of those places would benefit from an establishment selling decent coffee.

I presume you are referring to the fact that in all of these locations are other well established chain coffee shops??