Where in Sheffield are we lacking a good coffee shop/cafe?

I sense a change of mood back toward the tea-shop - perhaps it's the austerity. Coffee tends to be associated with flashy americans and city types. Unless it's Nescafe, then it's associated with teachers breath, obviously.

Why not describe it as a cafe, rather than a coffee shop?

No not a tea shop, tea is awful, coffee is way better.

Our local cafe has sarnis at £2 a time, and they are good. Unbeatable value.

Angel.

For £2 though, its not going to be the best you can buy is it. It will be the cheapest ingredients that are used.

What about gracies or Java lounge both of these also have customer toilets.

Don't all cafes have to provide customer toilets?

I thought that, it was rich who asked about customer toilets.

On a roll in broomhill dont have toilets so dont think so. I wouldnt want to be sat near the door after a builder has just emptied his bowels.

Stannington Village

There is an on-going debate about opening up the pavilion in stannington park to be used as a cafe. There was an open day last Saturday up there giving the public a chance to air their views.

See my cafe set up post I've just put on..!

Manor Top, I think there are only a couple of take-aways up there, maybe a sandwich shop but that's about it. There's definately room for a cafe IMO

the premises next to Chris Beech butchers in Walkley? our Gerts on Walkley is good but cant fit many in - if we go as a group of 2 or 3 couples with kids we can never get in.

For £2 though, its not going to be the best you can buy is it. It will be the cheapest ingredients that are used.

All the food is bought from Tesco, so it's neither the very "best" nor is it the "cheapest" either.

As the owner says, it's no good charging folk daft prices, the customers will just not pay. Better to make a small profit and be busy, than be expensive and empty. Makes good sense to me.

A whopping enormous brekki is a fiver, 2 eggs, fried bread, toast, black pudding, sausage, bacon, beans, tomato, hash brown and mushrooms. a normal brekki is four and a kids brekki at two-fifty. All with either tea or coffee (with free refills) and toast and jam. Sarnis - Bacon and egg £2, saus and egg £2, best £2, cheese and salad £2 all sarnis are £2 on large breadcackes and all are good value. And it's all hot - not lukewarm.

Angel.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

I'd love a tea shop that sold unusual teas like Lapsang Souchong or green tea properly. Where we are (Greenhill) is pretty well served for coffee shops. There was a tea shop at Oakbrook Road but I don't think it's still going. The town centre is glutted obviously. There was one at Fulwood ages ago (coffee shop) that folded but to be honest the coffee wasn't that nice - sorry whoever ran it! Somewhere round there - Fulwood / Hallam might work well especially with locally sourced ingrediants for food, as you would get the 'farm shop' crowd. I think it's odd that neither Fulwood nor Barncliffe nor Lodge Moor has a coffee shop as there are lots of young families and older people who would use that sort of place.