If your side doesn't get automatic promotion..

Bournemouth are no mugs to be fair but I will be surprised If we get more than a draw on Saturday

Not counting owt yet Corks because Saturday is MASSIVE for so many obvious reasons and tell ya what people think we are going to hammer Bournemouth but we have struggled a bit at home lately and while i do think we will beat 'em i thought that about Oldham and Tranmere ...

Still I'd rather Bournemouth at home than Huddersfield away CB lol.

Look at this form table for the last 6 for example, Wednesday and United topping it, Charlton down in 13th.

http://weekendfootball.co.uk/analysis/form.asp?l=3&season=12&formtype=&gamescount=6

Having dabbled with statistics during my studies I quickly learnt that using a larger sample of data gets more accurate results. Like 40 for each team instead of 6.

Having dabbled with statistics during my studies I quickly learnt that using a larger sample of data gets more accurate results. Like 40 for each team instead of 6.

Actually thats quite funnyMr Cockerney ... and pretty accurate as well :hihi:

The issue of taking a larger sample of data is OK as long as the earlier samples are still representative of current trends.

I think you'll find that bookies rely more on current form. What's your current form like and how many poor bookies do you know?

I think you'll find that bookies rely more on current form. What's your current form like and how many poor bookies do you know?

This what the bookies odds for the title. For a team supposedly on poorer form and bookies supposedly relying more on current form, the seem to quite short odds for Charlton and considerably longer odds for the other two?

Charlton Athletic 1/6 - 1/10 (promotion 1/33 - 1/100)

Sheffield United 9/2 - 7/1 (promotion 4/9 - 4/11)

Sheffield Wednesday 10/1 - 14/1 (promotion 4/5 - 5/6)

Charlton have been having their "blip" recently, which people had been saying all season will happen eventually. Fortunately for them it's when they've been well clear at the top so it hasn't brought as much pressure and uncertainty. The gap has certainly narrowed, and could narrow further still, but they should have enough points in the bag to still go up quite comfortably.

I honestly don't think they've been much better than the three clubs below them over the course of the season, but they've certainly had bigger slices of luck with a lot of late goals in their favour - I remember Boxing Day for example, with Wednesday just behind them we were a goal up at Walsall going into injury time, whilst Charlton were level wherever they were, Yeovil possibly, having been a goal behind. Wednesday somehow conceded two goals from nothing to lose 3 points, and Charlton snatched a late late winner to open a gap.

Charlton have been having their "blip" recently, which people had been saying all season will happen eventually. Fortunately for them it's when they've been well clear at the top so it hasn't brought as much pressure and uncertainty. The gap has certainly narrowed, and could narrow further still, but they should have enough points in the bag to still go up quite comfortably.

I honestly don't think they've been much better than the three clubs below them over the course of the season, but they've certainly had bigger slices of luck with a lot of late goals in their favour - I remember Boxing Day for example, with Wednesday just behind them we were a goal up at Walsall going into injury time, whilst Charlton were level wherever they were, Yeovil possibly, having been a goal behind. Wednesday somehow conceded two goals from nothing to lose 3 points, and Charlton snatched a late late winner to open a gap.

Going a goal up and time wasting has certainly helped Charlton's cause.

but they've certainly had bigger slices of luck with a lot of late goals in their favour

It is called making your own luck. Tends to happen in football.