Does anyone have any ghost stories for the old Jessops hospital?

my friend has a photo of her ina bed at jessop holding her newborn when pictures were developed there was a nurse standing behind her in period dress long apron etc.. her son is over 20+years old now, this is at old jessop

at the new jessop and rumour went round that the whilow ward was haunted and had a 'cleansing' by some one in the 'know' apparently spooky goings on happend there...dunno if its all b*****x though :) XXX im up for a good investigation of anything supernatural

Me too, but weren't most people who were born in Sheffield? Or am I mistaken with this?

Yes but my parents didn't actually live in Sheffield, they lived in Mexborough but due to problems my mum had carrying babies she was refered to Jessops rather than Doncaster or Rotherham hospitals. So when I was at school I was the odd one out as most of my friends had been born at Doncaster or Rotherham. :)

Yes but my parents didn't actually live in Sheffield, they lived in Mexborough but due to problems my mum had carrying babies she was refered to Jessops rather than Doncaster or Rotherham hospitals. So when I was at school I was the odd one out as most of my friends had been born at Doncaster or Rotherham. :)

thats because, jessop (and still is) has the best neo natal unit in the region xx :)

GF

thats because, jessop (and still is) has the best neo natal unit in the region xx :)

GF

You are right there gray face. She could get pregnant ok but kept having miscarriages and other problems. Apparantly I only just made it to jessops and was nearly born in the back of the ambulance on the parkway. :hihi:

My Mum got referred out of Jessops, and off to Manchester when she was in premature labour with my sister IIRC :o

No, the Northern General had a maternity wing until 2001

Both my sons were born there

And Nether edge hospital had a maternity wing until 1991

I was born at the City General. I believe this preceded the Northern General. I think it was part of what later became known as the NG. :huh:

Yes the City General became the Northern General Hospital.

So there's only one story, so far. Did your friend hear or see anything Grayface prior to the strange photo?

There was a story in which a new born child was taken over by the spirit of another who had died in intensive care following a premature caesarian delivery.The child grew up to be uncommunicative with her parents,and eventually ran away from home to join a circus.If you want more details PM me as the story should not be read by miners.

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any ghost stories from the old jessop hospital on leavygreave? My workmates and I look out on the old derelict hospital and often think how haunted it looks but we don't know of any stories about it? please post if you have any?

Thanks

Not the old one sorry but last year in August my daughter in law was admitted to new jessops with preg problems. She was put in ward on her own and our son accompanied her and was sat at the bottom of her bed. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a young girl stood at the bottom of the next bed. When he turned his head to look she disappeared. Don't know which ward it was on but I'll find out and post it here. He told his partner when she got home with healthy boy, she would never of stayed there otherwise. Good luck with other stories.

I think Jonnie Walker may be the spirit many talk about on here.

Angel.

There was a story in which a new born child was taken over by the spirit of another who had died in intensive care following a premature caesarian delivery.The child grew up to be uncommunicative with her parents,and eventually ran away from home to join a circus.If you want more details PM me as the story should not be read by miners.

Did not realise there were any miners left :hihi: