Does anyone have any ghost stories for the old Jessops hospital?

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any ghost stories from the old jessop hospital on leavygreave? My workmates and I look out on the old derelict hospital and often think how haunted it looks but we don't know of any stories about it? please post if you have any?

Thanks

Both me and my brother and my 2 kids were born there, cant say i ever heard any ghost stories, i think with it being an old maternity hospital, staff, and the women there would have been too busy doing what they were doing to notice anything anyway :hihi:

I was born there too lubyloo.

Don't know about Jessops but the old Winter Street just up the road was very spooky. Worked there years after it had closed down and became the estates office in the clocktower building, had to go down in the old wards below ground and was very spooky no lighting at all had to use a torch, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.

There are zero ghosts at the site.

I was born there too lubyloo.

Me too, but weren't most people who were born in Sheffield? Or am I mistaken with this?

No, the Northern General had a maternity wing until 2001

Both my sons were born there

And Nether edge hospital had a maternity wing until 1991

No, the Northern General had a maternity wing until 2001

Both my sons were born there

And Nether edge hospital had a maternity wing until 1991

I know this, but the Jessops hospital was a lot larger than those wings wasn't it, and was the most commonly used, or thats what I thought anyway.

I know a couple of people born at Netheredge, and a few born at NGH, but the majority have been Jessops.

The Northern General was as big as the Jessop I think, Nether Edge was a smaller unit

Given a couple of days could probably get some figures and statistic about it

Edited by Priorylady

There are zero ghosts at the site.

Its official then, Aleksandr the ultimate authority on these matters has confirmed there's no ghosts.

Aaw this is a shame, I really thought someone would have some stories whether it was when they were giving birth there or working there. Its so old and there must have been alot of people working or sadly dying there, since all the other hospitals seem to allegedly have a ghost or 2, Jessops looks left out lol.

Its official then, Aleksandr the ultimate authority on these matters has confirmed there's no ghosts.

Simples!

jb

ETA: Because there are no ghosts anywhere.

Edited by barleycorn