The Stag on Psalter lane has been taken over

The landlord should have taken advice before signing up to such silly terms

Yes, yes...it must be the fault of the thousands of landlords up and down the country for not reading the small print - rather than the companies forcing them to charge unreasonable prices and increasing their rent for no good reason.

If you have a mortgage, go and have another look at your agreement. You would be surprised what the lender is allowed to do in law, against all sense of natural justice.

I think that the residents of Greystones/High Storrs are probably better placed to judge on what has happened with the transformation from the Highcliffe to the Greystones and I for one am absolutely delighted. It has changed from a run down local with no customers into a vibrant local pub with great entertainment good selection of beeer and good food albeit of sandwich/chips nibbles variety. The platter with a selection of cheeses/pork pie/chorizo seems good value lo me. Its now a pub I am happy to go in rather than avoid and at what other local could you see Chris Difford of Squeeze play on the monday and Wilko Johnson on the same friday with a five minute walk home after

We ate there tonight, had no idea it had been taken over by Thornbridge. What a crying shame! The food used to be wonderful here, tasty and well made. They didn't offer deep fried rubbish for kids, who could eat half portions of well made food for £4- really reasonable, especially as I got to nick some of my son's chips! Anyway, the food was truly terrible tonight- my husband's steak and ale pie was tasteless, the mash needed lots of seasoning, the pork belly light bite was £6 and consisted of 4 bits of pork and some apple sauce (which my husband said was also tasteless). My vegetarian pie was really really terrible, and I have eaten some awful veggie food in pubs before. It was meant to be rich tomato and red wine sauce when what I received was a pie with some veggies swimming in a watery, pink, vinegary tasting sauce and there was cardboard in my mangetout- nice touch!

Will not be going back there, unless they bring the old chef back. Which is a shame as its a favourite to hang out in the beer garden/playground in summer.

Btw, all those of you who don't like children, I would suggest not going to the only pub in Sheffield with a playground in the beer garden! I used to go before I had kids, and would certainly not begrudge parents a welcome feed and a beer whilst their kids have a nice play in the play area- what miseries there are eh?

I saw the sign outside saying it was selling food, shame it sounds rubbish. What happened to the old chef? Does anyone know?

I saw the sign outside saying it was selling food, shame it sounds rubbish. What happened to the old chef? Does anyone know?

Yes, after being screwed against the wall by his landlords he finally had enough and left to run a golf club.

The current chef (at least the one I saw) seems to be a young lad.

When I went, the food (nibbles/platter) looked good value. When I got it, it was a total rip off. Yes, great shame.

went in for food with me family on Saturday, had a lovely home made burger with Jaipur onion rings. my dad had a steak and stout pie which I had a bite of which was also great. avereage dish price was about 8.50 which isn't mega cheap but they didn't skimp on the portions, I was the only one who could finish mine.

spoke to a guy behind the bar, seems like It's a gradual changeover and makeover so maybe there were a few initial teething problems? personally I couldn't fault it.

having worked in restaurants before I sympathise with places like this. people are so used to getting a £4 meal of microwaved slop from weatherspoons that they forget that decent ingredients cost money.

went in for food with me family on Saturday, had a lovely home made burger with Jaipur onion rings. my dad had a steak and stout pie which I had a bite of which was also great. avereage dish price was about 8.50 which isn't mega cheap but they didn't skimp on the portions, I was the only one who could finish mine.

spoke to a guy behind the bar, seems like It's a gradual changeover and makeover so maybe there were a few initial teething problems? personally I couldn't fault it.

having worked in restaurants before I sympathise with places like this. people are so used to getting a £4 meal of microwaved slop from weatherspoons that they forget that decent ingredients cost money.

Sounds good! Hopefully the poor experience I had was just due to the change over.

Do you know what? I never said the portions were particularly stingy, plus before the takeover, it was hardly a wetherspoons. It was home made, tasty pub food- for much the same price as they are currently charging- the difference being it was tasty!

I think the chef has a talent, his tempura onion rings I saw on other people's plates looked amazing and my pastry was lovely- its just he obviously doesn't taste his food before sending it out- honestly, my veggie pie was inedible. As a veggie for the past 20 years, its not hard to make a rich tasting tomato and red wine pie- and failing that just put some cheese in a veggi pie and we vegetarians will be happy! My husband is a bit of an expert of steak and ale pies as he always seems to order them in pubs and he complained that it was tasteless...I have no idea obviously!

My main gripe with the pricing is that for a family friendly pub there is nothing reasonable to serve children- unless you pay £6 for a light bite which is a bit rubbish tasting- and for my 3 year old, we bribe him to be good in a pub with the promise of chips for his tea- which is a treat, so add chips (from a packet not home made) to a £6 meal and that is an extortionate amount to pay for a children's meal.

It might well be teething problems and I hope they iron them out- but I was surprised that when they came to our table after serving and asked if everything was ok, and I replied that my pie was really awful and I couldnt eat it- that the watiress just kind of squirmed. No offer of alternatives, no reduction of bill, just a' I am so sorry' with a squirm! The cardboard in the veggies was the last straw!

So has anyone been back recently? I miss sitting outside eating a Sunday lunch, and their other food was always really good.

I went for a meal a couple of days ago - the food was pretty decent actually - I had a burger, the wife had the pie. The pie itself was really good but the presentation was a bit uninspiring - carrots, beans and mash. The burger was very nice and the chips were good.

Deserts by Fancie too with Our cow Molly ice cream which can't be bad....

We only went due to the playground but I'd definitely eat there again.

I went last weekend and had the cheese burger which was really good, and my friend had sausage and mash which was also really good.