Visiting Ireland !

Hi guys! I know its a long shot but I'm thinking of visiting ireland and enjoying the scenary in places like kerry, dingle, galway ,killarney the little quaint villages can some one please point me in the right direction and as cost effective as possible!

I fell in love with Ire after watching ps I love you, the pubs , the music,and the gorgeous scenary! If you know cheap cottages and best way to get around please drop me a line.

Thanks in advance !!

Hi. We had a gorgeous week in County Donegal last year. We stayed in a cottage and flew with Ryanair from East Midlands. The area was stunning, the beaches gorgeous and for most of the time, the people were fantastic. No real downside - just what you'd get anywhere, with a few drunken lads falling out of local pubs! It was quite expensive to eat and drink out though. Certainly not a cheap holiday. We flew to Northern Ireland and got out shopping there, then drove into Eire. All the locals do it that way as it's cheaper.

Eighup there , Mrs GUZZI and me have been to Charlestown ( County Mayo ) 4 times over the last 6 years ...It's only a few miles from Knock Airport .. we travelled by Plane from Manchester with BMI ) ..i'd live there tomorrow if i could .. ( No Council Tax and No Water Rates )

I got talking to a Retired Couple who had moved from Nottingham to live there .. They said it was the best thing they'd ever done .. :) ..Try looking at Charlestown Co Mayo on Google .. :)

Edited by GUZZIOWL

I've been a couple of times now to County Wexford. Stayed in BnB. We've normally travelled by Rail and sea but next year we are planning on going back and taking the car over.

We have found the Irish people exceptionally hospitable and friendly.

Kerry is amazing we go there a couple of times a year (my parents retired to there). Weather can be a bit hit and miss though but when you get a good day you really can't beat it!

We always go by ferry and take the car, that way we can take as much luggage as we like (including the dog!) and we have the freedom to explore when we get there.

Lots of amazing food too especially if you like seafood! And you can see dolphins!

I've been to Kerry & Cork and absolutely loved it.

We flew there, hired a car and then stayed in B&B's while travelling round.

Killarney & the Dingle Peninsula is stunning and every village is a hidden gem. Cork is also a fab town if you fancy a bit of shopping & nightlife!

Great destination, though expensive these days due to Euro values.

Self catering cottages are relatively cheap and can be really nice.

Have been a few times but stayed slap bang in the middle on the shores of Lough Derg last time I was there.

Beautuful scenery, quiet roads, easy drive to lots of scenic and historic places but less than 2 hours from Dublin.

Check carefully for all the extras on the 'cheap flights', the cost rockets up when you start to add all the unavoidable extras in.

County Mayo and County Sligo has some stunning scenery too.

Wesport a small Town in Mayo is worth a visit its close to Knock airport.

some lovely bays close by,and is near Achill Island.

If you like traditional irish music there is plenty of that,Matt Malloy's is popular people travel from all over to go.I believe one of the Chieftons owns the pub.

Check this out.

Edited by janie48