Quite woried about my 6 year old gsd

CHEZZFAYE

im woried about my boy and just need to get it out there lol so i will apologise in advance.

basically tues i found a massive lump on his ribs its like half a tennis ball so i got him in pdsa wed morning due to a few dificulties i cant afford to take him to our usual vets, any way hes booked in on tues morning to have it removed and i left the vets.

at half 2 wed he started with a nose bleed the blood was quite watery i thought he had just cut his nose on something so i carried on with my day and went out at half 8 i got home hes still bleeding, he started to get really lethargic so i rang pdsa out of hours and sent him back in with some one. the vet never even looked at his nose he complained about the fact i hadnt rang them to say he had come round and that hes underweight and discharged him with no further information.

today he started coughing and seems to be having problems breathing and his nose has been bleeding again on and off this time its bright red proper blood.

sorry i just needed to get this off my chest

that's what drives me nuts about these supposed out of hours services - basically they are more interested in complaining at you than actually treating the problem

Who is your regular vet?

If you're already registered with Peak they should at least be able to give you some advice over the phone

I'd also be surprised if they didn't allow you to pay in installments if necessary

ive always been a little distrusting of the pdsa years ago when we had Major

he was relay ill & losing weight rapidly & being sick every time he ate

& they kept sending me away saying he was just under the whether :confused:

i lost count how many times i had him back there because we was so worried

we couldn't afford to pay for a vet as my hubby was out of work looking for a job :confused:

the very last time we took him we had to carry him in as he was to week to walk

& was just sent away with antibiotics

the day after he died :(:confused:

after a postmortem was done it was found that he had parvo i was devastated

that this wasn't found in time & i never went back after that :confused:

i cant even afford instalments thats the problem i wouldnt be using pdsa unless i was desperate they have said its going to cost £180 to remove the one lump now hes got another and whatever the bleeding thing is.

iv even rang every1 in the family to try and rase the cash to get him in earlier and no 1 else can help so im kinda stuck with them.

if i ring our vets they will tell me to bring him in as nose bleeds are not a good sign in dogs (googled it earlier) and i cant

ive always been a little distrusting of the pdsa years ago when we had Major

he was relay ill & losing weight rapidly & being sick every time he ate

& they kept sending me away saying he was just under the whether :confused:

i lost count how many times i had him back there because we was so worried

we couldn't afford to pay for a vet as my hubby was out of work looking for a job :confused:

the very last time we took him we had to carry him in as he was to week to walk

& was just sent away with antibiotics

the day after he died :(:confused:

after a postmortem was done it was found that he had parvo i was devastated

that this wasn't found in time & i never went back after that :confused:

im sorry to hear this i only use them when i have to the last time was 10 years ago, i prefer to use my usual vets but i am in same boat as you was then.

iv got to say tho apart from the night ideot the only thing im not happy about is that its taking them 6 days to get him in. hes never been ill before and now its like hes falling apart

i think its different now they have got new staff in now but it just hurts

but i know when your hands are tied

if i could help you i would i can't stand to think a dog is in pain :(

it could be that he has caught an artery :confused: i don't know if

dogs have arterys near their noses it was just a guess

i think its going to be another tumor tbh. the 2 i have found up to now have come up within the last 3 month. it could even be an absess coz his breath really hums at the min and it has only been like that for about 2 weeks

he last had a bath about 10 week ago and it wasnt there then now its like a tennis ball cut in half and stuck on his side, its even got another lump on top of it but because hes so fluffy i couldnt see it.

hes not in pain hun or does not seem to be hes just off colour big time

im sorry to hear this i only use them when i have to the last time was 10 years ago, i prefer to use my usual vets but i am in same boat as you was then.

iv got to say tho apart from the night ideot the only thing im not happy about is that its taking them 6 days to get him in. hes never been ill before and now its like hes falling apart

i know the staff aren't that nice either

i took someone there who had no transport

but then again with some of the people that go

who can blame them :roll: