Car towing A frame or Dolly hire in Sheffield?

Need to get a car from Sheffield to Leeds and am after hiring a towing A frame or Dolly trailer(front wheels off floor).

Anyone know where i can hire one for a day from? Can only find places that hire trailers out but i am not licenced to tow a car trailer with a car on.

Thanks

yes you are licensed. i assume you passed after 1997? you can tow with a combined weight car and trailer of 3500kg. FACT!! also it makes no difference if its on a dolly or trailer. its attached to your tow bar, therefore you're towing it.

Hiya

we could do the job for you at a very reasonable price using one of our tilt and slide purpose built recovery trucks and it would work out possibly cheaper than you doing the job yourself.

If your interested in a quote please get in touch.

Many thanks

Need to get a car from Sheffield to Leeds and am after hiring a towing A frame or Dolly trailer(front wheels off floor).

Anyone know where i can hire one for a day from? Can only find places that hire trailers out but i am not licenced to tow a car trailer with a car on.

Thanks

just for info - you are not allowed to use a dolly on the motorway and you are not allowed to do more the 20 /25 mph

I have rang afew places up and according to them i need a B+E or something on my Licence. I am 23 passed in 2007. Curb weight of my car is 1200kg and kerb weight of car been towed is 880kg according to Wiki but its empty of fuel and no luggage. Trailers weights around 600kg

I have rang afew places up and according to them i need a B+E or something on my Licence. I am 23 passed in 2007. Curb weight of my car is 1200kg and kerb weight of car been towed is 880kg according to Wiki but its empty of fuel and no luggage. Trailers weights around 600kg

So combined weight of trailer and car is more than towing vehicle

Big no no on your license

Towing with B License explained here

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=10&t=1100356&mid=48927&nmt=Trailer+towing%3A%2D+B+and+B%2BE+licence+rules+explained+

or go to the DVLA website.

You need to find out what the towing limit if for the car and go from there I think.

I know lots of Motorhome owners tow small cars with an A frame on the motorway and upto the legal limit (60mph) so that shouldn't be an issue, it just the weight.

I've got an A frame

These work brilliantly, I towed a car across Europe with one. You don't need another driver in the car being towed. There is a 'hitch' though. The maximum unbreaked towing weight is 750kg (less than 95% of cars) So you would need a second person.

These are available on ebay for less than £200