Shaun Ryder to advise Tories

I fell for it for about 5 seconds. In the early 90s Ryder did an interview in which he said he'd be prepared to vote Tory if it meant lower taxes i.e. if he had even more money to spend on drugs. I remembered that interview and put 2 and 2 together, coming up with 5 until the penny dropped about today's date.

Guest sibon

"People assume I'm a lefty because I'm working class and from Salford, but I'm not really. The Mondays were all children of Thatcher's generation. The hefty wedge they offered helped as well. It's funny because it seems like everyone else is paying for an invite to No 10 these days, and I'm the only one who is getting paid to go there, which is nice."

Magnificent:D

Someone on the Andrew Marr show reviewing the newspapers thought it was a true story! She had to be reminded what day it was.

But then there are so many weird and wacky stories involving our politicians that it can be difficult to separate the truth from the ludicrous.

One really good one I heard this morning was about prescription charges going up 25p. Whoever thinks these things up?

Who's Shaun Ryder? I genuinely don't know. Goodness, I'm behind the times! Or is that a good thing??

Who's Shaun Ryder? I genuinely don't know. Goodness, I'm behind the times! Or is that a good thing??

I believe M'lud that he was a singer in a popular beat combo.

Ahhh, Happy Mondays - yes, know who you mean now. But still not making any sense - or is that because they are all mad and I'm not??

Off to rustle up Sunday lunch. Cold pasties all round, anyone?

Shaun's got a lovely set of gnashers these days, he's the Shane Warne of Salford.

Edited by Stan Tamudo