Match Day Pavement Parking

Plenty of car parks (usually firms) now down Rawson Spring Road.

From £2 - £4, get there 30 mins before kick off, no hassle, happy days :)

its always been the same... in Premier League years thy used to park all the way up to Morgan Avenue at Southey. And you're complaining now? After 20years or more?

Theres not a lot of options regarding parking on match day,so the cars are parked on the pavement for 4 hours every couple of weeks during the football season, dont really see the problem.

Public Transport??? That's an option, Not exactly the back of beyond is it??

And you don't see the problem? That's a typical selfish football supporter.

Might only be once a fortnight, but why should people in wheelchairs or with a baby in a pram have to go out into the road because cars are blocking the pavement !!!! and public transport is frequent to the football ground !!

its always been the same... in Premier League years thy used to park all the way up to Morgan Avenue at Southey. And you're complaining now? After 20years or more?

To be fair to the original poster we didn’t have the ‘tinternet 20 years ago to complain on. My uncle’s firm gets blocked by football supporters on match days and mainly taxi drivers on Fridays. He has complained for a very long time but the bad parking soon returns when the wardens aren’t there.

Parking on the pavement; that's nothing.

On Handsworth Road, just below the Parkway roundabout, not only do they park on the pavements but also on the central reservation :huh::loopy:

You should try reading my other post aswell:loopy: and i still dont see the problem for those few hours.

The Council can only ticket people where there is a waiting restriction like a double or single yellow line, as these apply to the whole of the highway, which usually includes the footway and verge.

If there is no waiting restriction, the offence might be obstruction and only the police can ticket for that.

I've definitely seen the council taking the number plates of people. With 2 wheels on the pavement.

So it's to do with obstruction? Surely its not ok to park on a pavement even if pedestrians can get around you

So because there were a minute percentage of the 18,000+ people who were at the game on Saturday parking illegally, all of them get tarred with the "typical selfish football supporter" brush?

I guess that makes you a typical Sheffield Forum whinger...

You should try reading my other post aswell:loopy: and i still dont see the problem for those few hours.

There is a problem. What if I want to park at the end of your drive for a couple of hours every fortnight?

There is a problem. What if I want to park at the end of your drive for a couple of hours every fortnight?

Thought this was about parking on the pavements,not blocking someones drive.

Thought this was about parking on the pavements,not blocking someones drive.

Both are a selfish inconvenience to members of he public