Roadworks at Grenoside

How long are they going to continue ? They started early february for "6 weeks". Returned from abroad last week travelled from Barnsley to Sheffield and had to queue from the Jet 24 hr garage (!) to the crossroads at the top of Penistone rd. Took 45 minutes to get through.

Anyone know when they'll finish ?

They weren't there yesterday when I travelled from High Green to Grenoside.

Regards

Doom

A friend of mine said they saw a si

gn saying that it will start all over again next week, for 6 weeks :(

A friend of mine said they saw a sign saying that it will start all over again next week, for 6 weeks :(

I think they said they would have to return, but I thought that was only for a couple of weeks.

Regards

Doom

We drove past on Thursday and they have finished the original lot. The signs that are now up say that temp lights will be in operation from Monday for 2 weeks not 6 weeks. Along with the same info on Bracken Hill too.

Cheers

Dave.

the water company originally stated 12 week delays on the letter we got

as i mentioned in the last post i did on this - you'll be pleased to hear that the second part of the water main refurb works starts at the junction of the wheel/halifax road/penistone road also further up at school lane/norfolk hill on 10th april onwards.

so we have 10 daysrespite before the second part of work starts.

see https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/roads/travel/driving/roadworks/roadworks.html for more info

Thanks everybody. I'm too old to spend my remaing days stuck in traffic unecessarily