Parkhill Public Houses

Joe Fox used to be the landlord in the George in the 70's. didn't stand for any messing about.

I remember Joe in the Earl George, I also remember him being in the Red Lion on Duke Street, I do not think he was there for long, could have been doing a stand in or relieving at the time.

Don't remember what year/s it was ?

hiya, was this the same ? fox who kept the bridge inn at heely.

The Shakespeare at Heeley, Joe passed it on to his son Dave.

The Shakespeare at Heeley, Joe passed it on to his son Dave.

hiya, this is another fox as the one in the bridge only had one son name of barry, thanks anyway.

The Parkway was featured on Britains hardest pubs on ITV 3 a few years back, it may be on youtube.

I used them all in the 80's and 90's. Parkway was rough but always felt safe there.

The Parkway was featured on Britains hardest pubs on ITV 3 a few years back, it may be on youtube.

I used them all in the 80's and 90's. Parkway was rough but always felt safe there.

---------------

Hi there, i noticed there isnt many buying the flats, i've only seen

at least 5 flats with lights on at nights. :suspect:

I think it was back in the mid eighties that a lady commited suicide by jumping from one of the higher levels of the flats onto the roof of the link.

Very sad.

remember the 4 pubs on parkhill well, used them frequently with my dad kenny clewes, colin and joan had link for a while, i worked with their son chris, who now sells fishing tackle outside market, married to cousin betty,

FAO Old Cossack!

Hi,

I am researching a book on Sheffield pubs and I noted that you commented on the above pub on a thread on the forum. Do you have any photos/ memories of this pub that you could share with me? If I use any of your original photos I will provide a picture credit in the book.

Please pm me or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Jamie

FAO Old Cossack!

Hi,

I am researching a book on Sheffield pubs and I noted that you commented on the above pub on a thread on the forum. Do you have any photos/ memories of this pub that you could share with me? If I use any of your original photos I will provide a picture credit in the book.

Please pm me or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Jamie

I thought you were researching Pitsmoor pubs? Back on topic I used to go in the Parkway Tavern when Micheal and Mary Beckett had it does anyone know we're they went after leaving the Parkway?

Doing the whole city one pub at a time crooked spire. Started with Pitsmoor but have now on to Attercliffe. I am on Radio Sheffield from 11am tomorrow talking about it- tune in!

I thought you were researching Pitsmoor pubs? Back on topic I used to go in the Parkway Tavern when Micheal and Mary Beckett had it does anyone know we're they went after leaving the Parkway?

Hi they left the pub trade unfortunately Mick died last year but Mary is still going strong

---------- Post added 05-02-2016 at 16:31 ----------

Hi they left the pub trade unfortunately Mick died last year but Mary is still going strong

just found out it was December 2014