Parkhill Public Houses

I know I have started a thread a few days back about Parkhill pubs. Out of the four in the flats complex the Earl George pub is the least talk about and photoed of the four which were the Link, Parkway Tavern, Scottish Queen and the one Im on about the Earl George does anyone have any information on it like past landlords what was the pub like that sort of thing I have found if ture it seemed to be a music venue at one point. Thanks

as far as i can remember the three pubs on the triangle were the oddfellows,the talbot and i think the other one was the crown(known as the top drum because it was the top of the triangle)

there were 3 pubs on the corners of the triangle where the trades & labour club is now, my auntie worked in the oddfellows which was where the traffic lights are opposite the new inn, cannot remember what the other 2 were called.

as far as i can remember the three pubs on the triangle were the oddfellows,the talbot and i think the other one was the crown(known as the top drum because it was the top of the triangle)

To the best of my knowledge there were only two PH in the triangle,

Talbot Inn, 19/21 Talbot Road.

Oddfellow's Inn, 200 Duke Street.

There was a Beer Off on the corner of Stafford Street.

Edited by me-and-pippo

To the best of my knowledge there were only two PH in the triangle,

Talbot Inn, 19/21 Talbot Road.

Oddfellow's Inn, 200 Duke Street.

There was a Beer Off on the corner of Stafford Street.

hiya along with the said pubs on parkhill were one on talbot st just past the norfolk pictures it was called the black horse, my wifes g/grandfather's pub many years ago, his grandson ,my father in law oncetold me that at the back of the pub were areas of chicken runs,but his grand father bred fighting cocks, and one day one got loose and set about slaughtering the other chickens, course that was a long time ago.

hiya along with the said pubs on parkhill were one on talbot st just past the norfolk pictures it was called the black horse, my wifes g/grandfather's pub many years ago, his grandson ,my father in law oncetold me that at the back of the pub were areas of chicken runs,but his grand father bred fighting cocks, and one day one got loose and set about slaughtering the other chickens, course that was a long time ago.

Yes willybite, Black Horse, 75 Talbot Street.

i once did a job outside the scottish queen and had a lump of concrete thrown at me! it landed about 2m away. that made me jump!

In the 1960/70 i use to go in the Link pub, i liked the Scottish Queen pub aswell.

Do you think they'll open all the pubs again when all the work is finished.

When i lived on Bernard Buildings in the late 70's , i spent many hours in the Earl George and Scottish Queen .. :)

Joe Fox used to be the landlord in the George in the 70's. didn't stand for any messing about.

Earl George, and Scottish Queen, not there anymore. Just open spaces. So will never open as pub's.

Threads merged. Please stick to one thread on this topic, thanks.

Joe Fox used to be the landlord in the George in the 70's. didn't stand for any messing about.

hiya, was this the same ? fox who kept the bridge inn at heely.