Parkhill Public Houses

Hi All. Been up to Parkhill flats today to photo the two closed pubs which are The Link which has still got its sign up showing chain links on both sides nice sign and the Parkway Tavern which a while back I got permission to photo the inside well what was left inside anyway. Does any have any tales about them did you go in what were customers like been told that Parkway was a tough pub and does anyone have any photos of the inside and outside the pubs when in use and would like to hear anything about the other two pubs Scottish Queen and the Earl George and any photos of them. Noticed that the New Inn has been boarded up and sold in that area. Thanks

Used to go in the Link prior to the tanner rush in the community centre next door. I think it was Wednesday nights.

I think you are thinking of the Earl George which was on the Pavement shopping area, The Link was further up.

Its a real shame that The Link pub sign not been put in a muesum.There is very few pubs called Link and there signs are of golf links unlike the one at Parkhill which show chain links a link to Sheffields steelworks and rare nodoubt end up in a landfill site makes a great photo.

I think you are thinking of the Earl George which was on the Pavement shopping area, The Link was further up.

Yes I think you're right about where it was. You'll have to cut me a bit of slack as I'm going back to 1966. It was definitely the Link I used to go in though.

some friends of mine, malcolm and rita smith took over the scottish queen in about 1983. they stayed for a couple of years before moving to another pub at brampton nr. chesterfield.

Hello old cossack, If you want any info on the Link next time you are in town see the Man selling fishing tackle outside Castle Market,he is called Chris Hardy his dad ran the link in the 60's they used to have the Sun Inn on South St before Parkhill was built, tell Chris that Alan

Bettys cousin told you about him. Good Luck.

there were 3 pubs on the corners of the triangle where the trades & labour club is now, my auntie worked in the oddfellows which was where the traffic lights are opposite the new inn, cannot remember what the other 2 were called.

I think one was called the Stafford but not totally sure

One was the Talbot, on the corner of Duke Street and Talbot Road.

Edited by me-and-pippo
link added

Correction the Stafford was off Long Henry Street.

Hello Alanp when Im in the Castle Market area I will ask your relative about the Link. I managed to photo the inside of the Link pub though the steel sheeting not to bad the bars are still there and the seating only basic type of pub but recorded never the less. The Parkway Tavern inside looks like a war zone shame spent some happy times in there.