Blackberry going bust and back to basic's

technologic

I too am not a fan of blackberry, their inferior OS and App's market is the worse thing and they dare to compete with the like's of android and ios in the consumer market they stood no chance.

The best thing about blackberry (due to popularity) is the BBM service and in my eye's it's pointless it cost's £5 a month (together with internet and email's) where as on ios and android you get these for free with the like's of "live profile" being amongst other free messaging service's. and email is free for ios/android. with BB's you can't get email's unless your subscribed to their bb tarrif thing, with other os's you can get your emails for free via wifi.

10's of models with no difference.

upto now apple's made 5 different phone's and out of all of them apple could only think of 2 design's

I think alot of the phone company's are like this, mainly because their's only so much you can do with them in order for their usability to be satisfactory

Their tablet was supposed to be very good, but it was going against the iPad and Android tablets - both with far far more developers supporting them with apps.

So it didn't stand much of a chance really.

I love the fact it scream's to apple it has FLASH.

lol

maybe if i could get that tablet to work with android firmware we'd be onto a winner 'cos aesthetically it is a brilliant tablet just rubbish firmware on it

upto now apple's made 5 different phone's and out of all of them apple could only think of 2 design's

I think alot of the phone company's are like this, mainly because their's only so much you can do with them in order for their usability to be satisfactory

Thing is apple make an iPhone and you know what one is even if you don't own one. The design is instantly known and the specs are known and apple make one model per year.

Blackberry have 8900 8910 8920 8930 8940 etc.... Like head spinning when your choosing a phone.

I want an iPhone and you buy an iPhone , you buy a blackberry and it's a week of reading to see what every one of the 20 pr so models do.

Keep it simple , make one and sell millions.

Thing is apple make an iPhone and you know what one is even if you don't own one. The design is instantly known and the specs are known and apple make one model per year.

Blackberry have 8900 8910 8920 8930 8940 etc.... Like head spinning when your choosing a phone.

I want an iPhone and you buy an iPhone , you buy a blackberry and it's a week of reading to see what every one of the 20 pr so models do.

Keep it simple , make one and sell millions.

Oh i see your point now, i was going to say well you can say that about blackberry's when you said "The design is instantly known " but then i thought nokia and other's have made a bb look a like b4.

in a way apple are the only company (correct me if im wrong) that kept it simple..

Take htc.

their desire model has severel different version such as desire s, desire hd, desire z, etc. and tbh none of them look similar as the iphone's as they upgrade are the exact same to look at. you wouldn't be able to tell the difference from a 3g to a 3gs, unless obviously you looked on the back

I'm not a noob when using phones, computers and tablets as its been my trade for 15 years. I have tackled most phones but the blackberry operating system is horrid. Sure it looks nice , nice icons and warm and fuzzy but deviate from the main screen and it's listaphobic.

Gone are the nice and simple icons and your confronted with mega long lists of options to do any simple task, change a ringtone sure give me 45mins.

Icons and simple lists as found on the iOS and android are the way forward.

I'm not a noob when using phones, computers and tablets as its been my trade for 15 years.

Same here except personal and not trade, and only started in software editing upgrading and modification for phone's / tablet's since that market really kicked off in 2007 with android and the ios

+ i like having lot's of option's unless your technically dimwitted then the blackberry's option's menu is actually simple.

the only thing i don't like is scrolling to the option instead of just pushing on the screen