Digital Region Project may seek commercial operator to rescue it

Paddy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddy

It doesn't say if a new operator has been found yet either.

It won't do, nobody wants it. It is/was a clown show from start to finish.

A clown show that forced BT to push through fibre to areas like mine

I went to Origin so I could get a decent Internet connection

I was quoted at least 18 months to get BT fibre Origin within days

within a month or so there was a box advertising BT fibre to the area funny that isn't it

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

A clown show that forced BT to push through fibre to areas like mine

I went to Origin so I could get a decent Internet connection

within a month or so there was a box advertising BT fibre to the area funny that isn't it

Exactly what I have been saying.

Everyone goes on about how BT withdrew from South Yorkshire due to Digital Region, but the whole reason Digital Region got funding in the first place was because BT were dragging their feet in the first place.

You just have to look at areas outside of Digital Regions coverage, BT often announce one date and then it gets delayed by 18 months or more. Yet when an area has been Digital Region enabled then miraculously BT bring FORWARD their roll out in that area. Coincidence? I think not.

Edited by AlexAtkin

Yet when an area has been Digital Region enabled then miraculously BT bring FORWARD their roll out in that area. Coincidence? I think not.

Pretty flawed that argument to be honest, we got bt fibre at the estimated "live" date and we cant get DR or virgin. If your statement had any substance, surely BT wouldn't have bothered with our area.

So basically your saying they altered their fibre roll out plan, installed the cabinet, powered it, installed the fibre cable and tested it all up and running within one month? what planet do you think I was born on?

Pretty flawed that argument to be honest, we got bt fibre at the estimated "live" date and we cant get DR or virgin. If your statement had any substance, surely BT wouldn't have bothered with our area.

Once they decided to start rolling out South Yorkshire then all bets are off. They already started laying extra fibre and equipment in exchanges to handle the areas that ARE Digital Region enabled. By that point it makes sense to roll out to areas that aren't too.

Its impossible to say if they would have done that or not without Digital Region, but we do know Digital Region got their funding because BT were unwilling to commit to doing South Yorkshire at the time.

Edited by AlexAtkin

So basically your saying they altered their fibre roll out plan, installed the cabinet, powered it, installed the fibre cable and tested it all up and running within one month? what planet do you think I was born on?

Whatever planet it is it's not one that teaches reading actual sentences

Show me where I said any of that apart from installing the cabinet

Just to remind you what I actually said rather than what you thought I said here it is

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Blade

The planet I'm from, we use punctuation, It makes sentences a little easier to follow

For example. What the hell is "BT fibre Origin" ?

Well please excuse me for missing out a comma.

If you have no answer fall back on the spelling and punctuation.

The laughable thing is it makes perfect sense, (comma there) the full sentence, (and there) but admittedly the 2 letters and 2 words you took out of context doesn't.

Try reading the full sentence.

(I will insert comma just to please you)

I was quoted at least 18 months to get BT fibre, (note the comma) Origin within days, (and there) within a month or so there was a box advertising BT fibre to the area.

BTW there is no need to put a capital I in it, after a comma, it is not a new sentence.

There should also be a full stop at the end of the first sentence

If you are going to be a pedant, and pull people up on their punctuation make sure you are bullet proof

Edited by Paul Blade

Well please excuse me for missing out a comma.

If you have no answer fall back on the spelling and punctuation.

The laughable thing is it makes perfect sense, (comma there) the full sentence, (and there) but admittedly the 2 letters and 2 words you took out of context doesn't.

Try reading the full sentence.

(I will insert comma just to please you)

I was quoted at least 18 months to get BT fibre, (note the comma) Origin within days, (and there) within a month or so there was a box advertising BT fibre to the area.

BTW there is no need to put a capital I in it, after a comma, it is not a new sentence.

There should also be a full stop at the end of the first sentence

If you are going to be a pedant, and pull people up on their punctuation make sure you are bullet proof

I'm being pedant? you pulled me on my reading skills---

I was quoted at least 18 months to get BT fibre

You do realise that estimated times are grossly exaggerated to allow for any problems installing the network, problems powering up, blocked ducting etc. We were estimated originally for December 2013, due to little issues it was live march 2013. The estimate was changed about June/July 2012.

How do you know the BT fibre network in your area wasn't practically ready to go "live" in your area anyway? When my son spoke to BT in February 2013, he was told there was a delay and it could be another six months.

Your previous post assumes that BT was installed within "A month" or so" just because DR was already "live" and that is utter crap. Most of the network must have already been installed because as I have said, to achieve what you said is impossible.