Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Hi, I was at Owler Lane Sec. Inter. school 1955-1960. I recognize names like June Beardshaw, Margaret Thorpe possibly Ann Brammall and Norma Smith.

My name is David Parnham not sure if anyone will remember me.

Other names I remember are__ Brian Williamson, Barry Gray, George Firth ( spud), Keith Wiseman (Buzz), Ken Taylor, Bob Millward, Terry Stagg, Pamela Davies, Harry Nixon ,?? Longmore, Valerie Beech, Geoff Backhouse to name but a few.

Teachers like Smiler Harrison, Mr Pegg, Mr Board, Mr Lupton, Minnie Fairhurst, Whipcord Moss Jnr, and Moss senior.

Headteacher I remember was Pop Gregory.

We still live amongst them I am delighted and hope there are many more of us!!! Take care Parny

Hi Parny, I remember you well and Keith Wise man. I was a year behind you guys and played cricket with you on several occasions. I can remember batting aginst Keith 's bowling - he was quite fast. I used to live at Handsworth and remember we sometimes used to walk back the same route at night via Brightside and catch the 109 bus I think. Great to hear you're well and obviously enjoying life. I live in Scotland now so we've obviously moved in opposite directions. Cheers.

Hi everyone my name is Alan Torr live chesterfield .I went 25 reunion nearly 68 still working know some of the names on site ,hope someone replies

Alan

I remember you. Was your nickname "penguin" I never knew why. My nickname was "siren". Can you remember my real name.

Bloody hell Siren or do you prefer Dennis?I was going to ask him the very same question.I do indeed remember you Alan.My name is Glyn Senior.I left HH in 65.

what was mick,s teacher called i can't remember that many myself remember mr wood,s most kids was frightened by him mr low music teacher i used to pal up steven taffinder see if that name rings a bell he can always contact me at [email protected]

---------- Post added 05-05-2013 at 18:36 ----------

just thinking about butler big family same as our,s lived i think they called it cyclops st maybe someone can help me on this one i no one was called frances he went on to be a counsellor and run the youth club bless him he got a torrid time but a lovely guy

The Butlers were very well known throughout the grimesthorpe community Francis was a keen pigeon fancier and donated his life to charity RIP

Thanks siren i am sorry i cannot remember your nickname ,it was a girl on my first day who said i reminded her of a penguin and it stuck to me i recognise some peoples names .I am 68 september still play badminton 3 kids and 7 gran kids.hHope i can chat to others as well .

The Butlers were very well known throughout the grimesthorpe community Francis was a keen pigeon fancier and donated his life to charity RIP

There was also Roy and Shirley Butler,not sure if there was another one.Used to love the sports day Johnny Butler put on.Their dad.

Thanks siren i am sorry i cannot remember your nickname ,it was a girl on my first day who said i reminded her of a penguin and it stuck to me i recognise some peoples names .I am 68 september still play badminton 3 kids and 7 gran kids.hHope i can chat to others as well .

Alan

Good to hear from you, I live not far from you I'm 68 in October. Still walking and biking, nothing as strenuous as squash. Not too many from our year on the site. A good few either side though.

---------- Post added 01-09-2015 at 18:01 ----------

Bloody hell Siren or do you prefer Dennis?I was going to ask him the very same question.I do indeed remember you Alan.My name is Glyn Senior.I left HH in 65.

Glyn

Either will do. I had another nickname as well used by only a few. It wasn't very complimentary.I never reveal it.

Hi! I went to Owler Lane Intermediate, 1958-63 and then at Hinde House until 1965.

Hi Siren, Sure do. I remember all of the teachers' names previously mentioned. I had some great friends too including Anne Lawless, Jill Atkins, Janet Hutchinson, Beryl Timms, Rosemary ?

I also had some good friends in the year below me - David Wilson for one. He and his family went to live in New Mills, I think when we all moved up to Hinde House. Did anyone go on the school trip to Paris in1962? That was great fun.

Thanks for replying.

J.

Joannie

I remember Dave Wilson. He did go to New Mills I spoke to him a few years ago via email, he's still there. Obviously grown up and with his own family now.

I didn't even know there was a school trip to Paris, they probably "forgot" to mention it to my class.

Did you go to the reunion about 20yrs ago