Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

I attended Owler Lane from1953-1958. I was in the same year group/form as Maureen Waller, Benda Hoyland and Edna Savage. Mr Pegg was a really good art teacher. Mrs Fairest was strict but gave me a love of history which I went on to study at college. She was tiny and used to stand on the step of her old fashioned desk so that she could see us all. Mr Helliwell was terribly boring. He had an annoying habit of banging his chalk on the blackboard all the time. I recall one speech day which the Lord and Lady Mayoress attended. Pop Gregory gave a speech and after speaking a few words about the Lord Mayor turned to his wife and said "and you Lady Mess"! Of course staff and students were highly amused. I am still in touch with Brenda Hoyland but haven't lived in Sheffield since 1965.

Carolco,

give us a clue then!

If you go on friends reunited you`l find loads of photos.

Southfork.

I am looking for people who lived on owler lane circa 1940 to 1955. Researching for my Mother who lived there then.

I went to Owler Lane Intermediate 1951-1956. I lived in Grimesthorpe then but some class mates lived around Owler Lane. Can I help?

RonG

Hi Ron, I was hoping to get some pictures of owler lane from that period. If you can direct me to anyone that might have some it would be great.

Sorry I have no photos but according to 'south fork', see an earlier comment on this page, you should be able to find plenty of school photos following his advice. Any other info you require let me know.

RonG

owlerlane,

my pal crustybread has aload of photoes of the school and its whereabouts,i will tell him you`er searching, he may bite or maybe not.

southfork

incidentaly how old are you?

Hi RonG, I recall your name Gutteridge and Barry Butlers, I was in your class in 51. Other names were Butters, Belk, Varley etc. I have a couple of class photos with the names of the class if you let me know where to send them.

By the way I'm Brian Lingard the bad boy of the class.:roll:

---------- Post added 13-05-2015 at 17:54 ----------

Hi Barry, my name is Brian Lingard and I'm sorry to tell you Alan Belk passed away 2013/14. We got in touch through this site and emailed each other frequently. I have a class photo with you on it (51 or 52) I will have to learn how to message you with it as it has all the names above the boys.

---------- Post added 14-05-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Sorry I have no photos but according to 'south fork', see an earlier comment on this page, you should be able to find plenty of school photos following his advice. Any other info you require let me know.

RonG

Hi Ron , my name is Brian Lingard, same form as you in the 50s I have a couple of pics with all the names on if I knew where to send them to you.

Carolco,

I`m still in touch with Maureen Waller who now resides in Canada,

Also Margaret Dempsey.

You`re obviously from my year.

Southfork.

---------- Post added 01-06-2015 at 21:31 ----------

Sirglyn,

miss Unwin was the slim blonde who used to sidle up to mr Hook while he was fondeling his nuts much to the amusement of all the class of boys who were in turn fancying MISS UNWIN>

Southfork.

Hi Southfork.

Sorry for the slow response. I am 52, but my Mother who lived on Owlerlane is 80 this year. Born in 35 and lived there to about 1952

I went to Owler Lane Intermediate 1951-1956. I lived in Grimesthorpe then but some class mates lived around Owler Lane. Can I help?

RonG

RonG, you were in the same form as Barry Butler & myself. I have a couple of photos with names on them, I'll try and message them to you, if I can't you will have to let me know your email address.

I know I posted some class pictures on here, with instructions from Cat, but I do not know how to find them again. I did them through photobucket I think. Help!!!!!