Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Anyone Remember The Escalopians Seem To Remember David Brookes Roger Green Phil Woodall Geoff was a bit to good for us

Would be great to hear from anyone

Love to put names to all the faces on the school photos I have

Wib Newsome

Hi, David Brookes father was manager and David was an old fashioned type of center half very good in the air and built like a brick outhouse, I also remember a Scot's lad always wore a Rangers tie of the Dennis Law mould - very good, I played left back for them though I was really a right wing back but they already had one so I played on the left as my I was a two footed player, they were formed at Southey Methodist Church, Moonshine Lane and their home ground was at Athelstan School, off Richmond Park Road.

I am looking for a school Photo of 4th year girls 1945

I was there from 1941 to 1945 and have a photo of the boys only

Any other photos or information from this time would be welcome

Not sure if of any interest to anyone but 4 pics from Owler Lane I've just found in my mums things

The are in order 1954-55 1st year, 56-57 3rd year, 57-58 4th year and 58-59 5th year

5th year pic

Back Row, Left to Right - Lyn Hopkins, Brenda Holland, Carol Lowe, Margaret Dempsey, Kathleen Short, Pat O'Brian, Pauline Preskey(?), Margaret Turton, Barbara Baker, Unice Gregg

Centre Row, Left to Right - Carol Fowler, Frances Wall (my mum), Julia Scott, Pat Mason, Winifred Goff, Anne Fry, barbara Tonks, Janet Gregory, Jennifer Singleton, Anne Thorpe 

Front Row, Left to Right - Pat Unwin, Sylvia Barrett, Maureen Brown, Miss Ann P Crowe, Mrs Fairest, Miss Murray, Lorraine Totty, Margaret Marsh, Ann Row

Apologies if spelt any names wrong

Owler-1954-55-12yo.jpg

Owler-1956-57-14yo.jpg

Owler-1957-58-15yo.jpg

Owler-1958-59-16yo.jpg

Edited by blades1969

18 hours ago, blades1969 said:

Not sure if of any interest to anyone but 4 pics from Owler Lane I've just found in my mums things

The are in order 1954-55 1st year, 56-57 3rd year, 57-58 4th year and 58-59 5th year

5th year pic

Back Row, Left to Right - Lyn Hopkins, Brenda Holland, Carol Lowe, Margaret Dempsey, Kathleen Short, Pat O'Brian, Pauline Preskey(?), Margaret Turton, Barbara Baker, Unice Gregg

Centre Row, Left to Right - Carol Fowler, Frances Wall (my mum), Julia Scott, Pat Mason, Winifred Goff, Anne Fry, barbara Tonks, Janet Gregory, Jennifer Singleton, Anne Thorpe 

Front Row, Left to Right - Pat Unwin, Sylvia Barrett, Maureen Brown, Miss Ann P Crowe, Mrs Fairest, Miss Murray, Lorraine Totty, Margaret Marsh, Ann Row

Apologies if spelt any names wrong

Owler-1954-55-12yo.jpg

Owler-1956-57-14yo.jpg

Owler-1957-58-15yo.jpg

Owler-1958-59-16yo.jpg

Blade1969.  Thanks for posting. Great pictures. Two of the girls pictured are among our group of ex pupils who gather for a chat from time to time. Michael Hall

I was at Owler Lane School from about 1943 - 1946 and I have a group photograph of a mixed class I was in, taken around the end of this time.  There are quite a few girls on this but try as I may I can't find  how to upload it to this page.  Perhaps someone could,enlighten me?

Nothing from Parsleydiva for quite a for quite a while. Is she still active ?

On 11/01/2012 at 11:05, Tara Misu said:

Hi again. I am the same as you. I recognize quite a lot of the faces, but I am not there. Must have been in the same group as you, Facefacts. I was in the Commercial group. Were you? I can spot Susuan Peacock and Chrstine Wright, so perhaps that was a more domesticated group. June

Also Jean Howson, Laurel Smelt, Valerie Beech, John Gilbert, Norma Baxter....

Edited by Cornish cream
Remembered more names....🙄

On 06/03/2019 at 08:18, crustybread said:

Blade1969.  Thanks for posting. Great pictures. Two of the girls pictured are among our group of ex pupils who gather for a chat from time to time. Michael Hall

Great to see these!

Yes still active and we still meet up every 6 weeks, though not at present eh due to lockdown 😷😃

On 20/12/2005 at 22:33, macP said:

Alzymer,

I went to Owler lane and hinde house, i think we were in the same class, My names Iain Pringle.

I seem to remember we both worked together at the Hallam Tower hotel in the late sixties.

Am i right ?

Do you remember Cole brothers and your fellow commis chef. Chris Nadin?

I have just come across this site and I am intrigued to see familiar names of students and teachers,  it has stirred many memories

I have tried opening photos from Blade 1969 but  couldn't open them, I think it was the same class I was in.

I went to Owler lane Intermediate from 1953 to 1959 and often wonder how many of us are still around.

Are there any gatherings planed in the near future?

Reading more detail I recognise "Crusty Bread", I was in the same class as Mike and by coincedence lived on Normanton Hill for 15 years.

I would love to get in touch again.