Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Did Pop sometimes play the violin at assembly or have I imagined it?

I don't remember him doing that but he did smoke a piece of chalk sometimes when teaching.

Pop certainly played an imaginary violin on many times, but Ican recall he player at christmas assembly. chalk was used a cig whilst he stood in for a missing teacher. The severn hills and rivers of sheffield was his favourite lesson he had a knack of making it very absorbing. I he needed to dish out a canning he hand over to Boris to administer. I rember 30 or so been rounded up for fratanising with the girls from the adjacent school, who had run off with our tennis ball (footballs were not allowed in the yards). Poor old Boris was out on feet by the time he got to last lad.

Pop certainly played an imaginary violin on many times, but Ican recall he player at christmas assembly. chalk was used a cig whilst he stood in for a missing teacher. The severn hills and rivers of sheffield was his favourite lesson he had a knack of making it very absorbing. I he needed to dish out a canning he hand over to Boris to administer. I rember 30 or so been rounded up for fratanising with the girls from the adjacent school, who had run off with our tennis ball (footballs were not allowed in the yards). Poor old Boris was out on feet by the time he got to last lad.

Well he didn,t pass it over to Boris when I got mine, he delivered personally.

Hi,

can anyone remember a young geography teacher Mr Clarke (gloops). He carried a length of rubber gas pipe in his hand. If your hand were on the desk when walked up and down between the desks, he lashed out across your nuckles, it really stung for a fair ammont of time after. Did get my own back when I shut a vice on his hand when he visited the apprentice workshops at E.S.C, a year after I left.

In answer to Breezerboy.

I remember being in big trouble when I was a prefect.

I was upstairs with another prefect and he was messing about with the

speakers and the sound etc. for downstairs in assembly.

Some other music came on-- don't know what it was,didn't have time to think,

some male teacher shot up the steps-- three at a time--(was he furious!!)

My name Anne Holmes---don't remember boys name.

Sorry that no one remembersmthe year of 1950/53.

I have noticed that ELMAMBO is getting bloody FATTER

That is a wicked calumny, I'll have you know I can still get into my wedding suit! (in my dreams)

we were obviously more intelligent in the 1950s and would never put that sort of thing public for the good of the school, shame how things have gone down hill since that era. Keep smiling and dreaming, but its not too late to do something about it. All the best in your endeavours son .

Thought I'd get us up to the top again. Still lots of school mates not in touch and the few of us that meet up every 6 weeks or so still enjoy our coffee morning/natter!!

I went to Owler lane with my brothers I'm Farrell bows my brothers Roy David and Joe nice to hear from friends from the past

I went to Owler lane with my brothers I'm Farrell bows my brothers Roy David and Joe nice to hear from friends from the past

Hi Farrell,have a look through Anyone come from Grimesthorpe, it's in History and Expats.Sorry to hear about Roy and Judith.Sheila(Hepplestone)

Hi Farrell,have a look through Anyone come from Grimesthorpe, it's in History and Expats.Sorry to hear about Roy and Judith.Sheila(Hepplestone)

Elaine and Sue davis.val.david.denise.ann hearnshaw,kathryn chapman

Edited by sand_dollars