Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Hi Derek, Sounds like you've had an interesting career. You must have been quite unusual for those days - I don't think many kids at Owler Lane would have been horse riding then. I don't think our paths can have crossed that much at Owler Lane - surprising when you think that the school wasn't that big. I was in 4A and left the year after you. I went on to High Storrs to do 'A' levels and then Sheffield University to do economics. But I ended up working for Samuel Osborn & Co, so in the same industry as you for a few years.

Quite right too! I'm doin this while watching the tennis.

I've read on the site about Mr Clark's tubing but I don't remember knowing about this when I was at the school. The only teacher who ever caned me at Owler Lane was Mr Glasby in a maths class in the second year.

You must have been a very bad boy :evil: if lovely Mr. Glasby felt the need to punish you.

Always lived in Sheffield(well Swallownest) obviously not very adventurous and neither are my children. We all live within about 100 yards of one another. It's very handy for them as we are willing babysitters.Would love to get to one of the get togethers but it always seems to happen on one of my working nights. If they have one when it is possible, we could meet up and go together. June

I am now Tara Misu, due to a mix up over my new email address. I was only removed from here as I had tried to enter two different user names. Please use Tara Misu on any other messages. Thanks, Tara

Hi June,

Sorry not got back to you before, but not been on the site for a while. Yes, I do remember you, I was in the school choir too. Like you I only did it to get out of lessons. I can still remember pythagorus theorum, how sad is that? I don't remember that blonde biology teachers name, but she was rubbish, had no control over us at all. I remember her trying, in vain, to shut us up and she ran off to the staff room crying. She left soon after that, poor thing.

Are you still in Sheffield, or have you moved away like Val. I moved around for a while but am back in Sheffield now.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon - Joan

Hi Joan. Dont't know if you sent any replies as I was removed owing to a change of email address. All sorted now though. I am trying to find out if they have another reunion date set yet. Things not changed much here, and have not been on the forum for a while. June

You must have been a very bad boy :evil: if lovely Mr. Glasby felt the need to punish you.

Hi there. Actually I wasn't naughty and really didn't deserve the cane on that occasion. I'd had the cane 3 times previously at junior school and deserved it twice but not the other time. On this occasion Mr Glasby caned me because I made a mistake with a calculation in a second year maths class. He had been going over the method and other kids kept making mistakes and he thought they were taking the micky. He said 'the next person to make a mistake will get the cane'. I then made an honest mistake and he had no option but to cane me even though we both knew it was unfair. Can you imagine anything remotely like that happening these days?!

Hi Joan. Dont't know if you sent any replies as I was removed owing to a change of email address. All sorted now though. I am trying to find out if they have another reunion date set yet. Things not changed much here, and have not been on the forum for a while. June

Hiyah June, Welcome back, not heard of any more reunion dates, let me know if you find anything out, could be a laugh.

Hi there. Actually I wasn't naughty and really didn't deserve the cane on that occasion. I'd had the cane 3 times previously at junior school and deserved it twice but not the other time. On this occasion Mr Glasby caned me because I made a mistake with a calculation in a second year maths class. He had been going over the method and other kids kept making mistakes and he thought they were taking the micky. He said 'the next person to make a mistake will get the cane'. I then made an honest mistake and he had no option but to cane me even though we both knew it was unfair. Can you imagine anything remotely like that happening these days?!

hi richard l sypathyse with you , mr glasby took me for maths also, we used to get theorems to learn for homework, the next lesson we would be sat in class and he would hand paper to everyone and we would write what you had learned perfectly or else. well on a lighter note, l see you are based in norwich,l will be in norwich on october the 5th to go for my two monthly injections .if you would like to meet up let me know and we can arrange a time , l always finish my day in norwich by going to the nelson hotel. :)

Hi my name is Peter Grafton and I went to Owler Lane from 57-62.Does anyone remember me?My last form teacher before leaving was Mr Moss(French)and I believe the Geography teacher was called Mr Sellars.

I remember Geoff Worth as a very good footballer and of course I remember Ralph O'Donnell arriving as PE Teacher.

Did you by any chance sit behind me with a Malcolm Edmondson?:

I can remember being caned by Pashley and Holmes for talking in class!! and I once hit Miss Fairest the history teacher with a cricket ball as she passed across the playground!

A cricket ball!!! I bet she had fond memories of that day!

A cricket ball!!! I bet she had fond memories of that day!

Ah Brian. I have fond memories of Minnie or was it Mini ? She took us for History. I could not remember what had happened the day before let alone when she was talking about. Do you remember

I left in , and '60 Miss Fairest had been my history teacher until she told me not to come any more as I didn't like it. When we got married in '67 we bought a house on Clifton Crescent Handsworth,it turned out it was hers.

I left in , and '60 Miss Fairest had been my history teacher until she told me not to come any more as I didn't like it. When we got married in '67 we bought a house on Clifton Crescent Handsworth,it turned out it was hers.

I lived in Handsworth in those days and, yes Mrs/Miss Fairest did live in that area. Sometimes I would see her getting on the bus which I had got on the stop before. Thankfully, I always managed to keep out of her way.

hi richard l sypathyse with you , mr glasby took me for maths also, we used to get theorems to learn for homework, the next lesson we would be sat in class and he would hand paper to everyone and we would write what you had learned perfectly or else. well on a lighter note, l see you are based in norwich,l will be in norwich on october the 5th to go for my two monthly injections .if you would like to meet up let me know and we can arrange a time , l always finish my day in norwich by going to the nelson hotel. :)

Sorry for the delay - I've been away in Lincolnshire for a couple of days. As far as I know at present 5th October should be fine so keep in touch.