Any one go to Owler Lane Intermediate school

Hello Richard yes, you got the name right. I was there from 1955 to 1960. Yes, Mr Harrison was OK really....but a bit sarcy ! When were you there? or have you already said?

Hi Val. You'll see from my reply to sirglyn that I must've been a year behind you. I'd probably recognise you if I saw you but wouldn't know you by name. I must study your photos again and put mine up ASAP. You might have known some of my classmates - girls like Marie Cheeseborough, Ann Pilling, Angela Bellamy, Kathleen Myers and Jean Loukes. Or David Newbould, Ray Walker, Brian McQuillan, Trevor Gall etc. I could list quite a few more.

Where did you live? I lived in Handsworth and had to travel via Attercliffe evey day.

Hello Richard,welcome to the thread.You must have been in the 4th or 5th year as we were just starting.Were you one of the instigators of the 'strike' when Ralph O'Donnel was fired for going AWOL?I thought Mr Pashley handled it with great tact and sensitivity.Incidentally,Mr P was never headmaster;he was just acting head for a few months between Pop Gregory's retirement and the start of Mr.Edwards' reign of terror.

Hi Glyn, did anyone ever remember that dictator Pashley do anything with tact, only hold out your hand while I cane you little S--T (HE ALWAYS DID THE CANEING THROUGH A HAZE OF SMOKE AS I REMEMBER).

As for Ralph O,Donnel he was a gentlman and didn,t need any tact or diplomacy from that A hole.

Hi Val. You'll see from my reply to sirglyn that I must've been a year behind you. I'd probably recognise you if I saw you but wouldn't know you by name. I must study your photos again and put mine up ASAP. You might have known some of my classmates - girls like Marie Cheeseborough, Ann Pilling, Angela Bellamy, Kathleen Myers and Jean Loukes. Or David Newbould, Ray Walker, Brian McQuillan, Trevor Gall etc. I could list quite a few more.

Where did you live? I lived in Handsworth and had to travel via Attercliffe evey day.

Hello Richard. I lived at Grimesthorpe - within walking distance of the school. I recognise some of the names you mentioned.

Hi Glyn, did anyone ever remember that dictator Pashley do anything with tact, only hold out your hand while I cane you little S--T (HE ALWAYS DID THE CANEING THROUGH A HAZE OF SMOKE AS I REMEMBER).

As for Ralph O,Donnel he was a gentlman and didn,t need any tact or diplomacy from that A hole.

So it's all coming out now! Just how many times did you suffer at the hands (and cane) of our dear Mr Pashley...and what was it for?

My only meeting with him and his stick was for making a ruckus on a bus, and I foolishly gave my real name to the conductor. I couldn't remember Geoffs last name :hihi:

So it's all coming out now! Just how many times did you suffer at the hands (and cane) of our dear Mr Pashley...and what was it for?

My only meeting with him and his stick was for making a ruckus on a bus, and I foolishly gave my real name to the conductor. I couldn't remember Geoffs last name :hihi:

Brian,I seem to recall Mr Pashley being completely understanding that time you turned up at school and realised that not only had you forgotten to turn the oven off,you had also left some butter in it to soften up for your morning toast,necessitating a quick return home.:roll:

That's right Glyn, I'm only gratefull that the house was still there and not a smouldering heap.

I got myself into enough trouble Brian, without your help, thanks very much.

Anyway I remember at least three of us used your name in a crisis.

The leader of the Pashley and Gadsby supporters club - ie Sir Glyn- never got into trouble, perhaps we should have joined the club. I remember the girls - particularly Lorraine used to tell tales to the teachers about us when it was them all the time who were the dark force and we were the innocent choir boys:roll:

I have not read all the messages but can anyone remember the George family that lived opposite Owler Ln school in the 50s and 60s i believe they all attended at some time or other Derrick was the eldest followed by Kieth then Marie the eldest Derrick went on to live in South Africa but sadly passed away many years ago the parents names was also Derrick plus Laura both now passed away.

Hi all, just had our belated Christmas lunch out (planned in December but cancelled due to weather!!) 11 of us got together and had a good lunchtime together. Anymore of our year out there?

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I lived on the Manor and travelled to school on the tram with Elaine Jessop and Shirley Jessop, although they were older than me. I was born in 1944, and I have a brother who also went to Owler Lane. He was born in 1941. and his name was Brian. Also travelling via the tram to Staniforth Road bottom, and then changing for Owler Lane were Ann Bramall and Margaret Thorpe, Carol Davy and Pauline someone who had a Pork butchers at the bottom of Staniforth Road.Cheers, June

Hi there, just read your post and I remember your brother Brian, he was in the same class as me, I dont remember many names at all but I remember Brian, he was a nice lad, hows he doing? would he remember me,maureen wagstaff?

Hello all It's a couple of years since I entered this site so I am glad it is still going strong.

Tara Misu. I think you must have been in my year as you name some people

I remember very well. My name is John Clark and I was there from 1955 to 1960 when I left and became a Police Cadet.